1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Need help on valuing a Colt AR
12-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Need help on valuing a Colt AR
A member of my extended family recently passed away and my brother-in-law came into the possession of several weapons. He has requested that I help him in determining fair value for these weapons. I give the back story to say that this will probably be the first of many request for assistance.

Weapon is a Colt LE-6940 chambered in .223/5.56. I haven't physically laid eyes on the weapon but by pictures and descriptions it doesn't appear to have seen much use/abuse. While not new in box, it was stored in the original box and all of the paperwork is present.

I've researched on this site and on gun broker, and about all I can find that a NIB model is priced between $1100 - $1400. The main reason for the variance that I can see is location.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2014, 06:20 AM
RE: Need help on valuing a Colt AR
Welcome to the forum. The only transaction I see was for $1075. It looks like a dealer is asking $1319.19, but isn't getting it. I think $1000-1100 is probably a good ballpark for this gun. Hope this helps.

(12-15-2014 09:54 AM)hawgsandcubs Wrote:  A member of my extended family recently passed away and my brother-in-law came into the possession of several weapons. He has requested that I help him in determining fair value for these weapons. I give the back story to say that this will probably be the first of many request for assistance.

Weapon is a Colt LE-6940 chambered in .223/5.56. I haven't physically laid eyes on the weapon but by pictures and descriptions it doesn't appear to have seen much use/abuse. While not new in box, it was stored in the original box and all of the paperwork is present.

I've researched on this site and on gun broker, and about all I can find that a NIB model is priced between $1100 - $1400. The main reason for the variance that I can see is location.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-16-2014, 08:17 AM
RE: Need help on valuing a Colt AR
Thanks
Find all posts by this user