1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Found the Mother Lode Today
05-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Found the Mother Lode Today
Was doing a rebuild of my Mom's, Riding Mower Deck, with new Spindle Assemblies and Greasing of components, in a Barn that was used mostly for a Farm Tractor and other machinery, and while looking for some Tools, I came across the Mother Lode of Firearms Accessories. Ammo, Empty Casings, Bullets, Primers and other Things. I only go to this Building for a couple tools. Only been in it maybe 4 times in 7yrs since I moved back to Missouri.
I found Casings from 22Hornet all way up to, and you're not gonna believe this, a 37MM Shell, stamped 1944. I about crapped my jeans upon seeing all this. Even 410 to 12Ga Casings, and new 12Ga Wads.
In the loaded side, I found a carboard box full of 12Ga Shells(maybe 300shells), 300Savage, 38-40, 22-250, 30-30, and others.
Primers in Small and Large Caliber.
Hornady and Sierra Bullets of all types still in their original boxes.
I even found a Factory style, small box with divided compartments that had Turret Caps, Screws, Plugs, Rail Screws, etc for the Old(antique) Weaver Scopes/Mounts. I guessing this box is from the 60's. Even still had the outer carboard protection sleeve.
All together, I probably found 2K worth of loaded Ammo. All the empty Brass is another small fortune.
My Dad passed back in '07, and all this was from a time when he was a Gunsmith, and my Granddad used to have probably 75 different Firearms in all Calibers. Nothing was ever thrown away when it came to Guns.
Now, I have to tell my Mom that I need to go through all this. Separate out what I need, AND PROTECT, or sell rest. Maybe trade, for what I need. At least this Building is good and dry.
I don't think I have a large enough "chip" in my Camera to get all the Pics I would need for this, but when I get to set down and go through all this, you can bet, I'll get some. Be prepared for a OMG moment. I'll let you know. Maybe that's what we need on here. A "OMG Forum". For those things, that you just won't believe, without seeing. Trust me, I'm overwhelmed with what I saw, and need to go through.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Found the Mother Lode Today
What, no old Harley or Indian? I thought you found something GOOD.

Just yanking your chain. Too bad you didn't find a cache of old shotguns or something as well, but dang, that sounds like you opened King Crockets Tomb! You might have to buy some guns to match some of the calibers you found.

Way to go. Post a picture of that 37mm shell when you get some free time, I'd love to see that.

Thumbup2Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply