1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
wife's new ccw
04-08-2014, 10:26 PM
wife's new ccw
Well, after months of looking, reading, emailing trying to find a suitable ccw for my wife with a reasonable caliber that won't be too hard on her arthritis we finally settled on a Taurus TCP. Bright pink, but what the hey. Going to the range Thursday to break it in. (She doesn't yet know I bought it as it's her birthday tomorrow.)

Considered several others especially the Bersa Thunder, Walther etc. and this had a trigger pull she's able to easily manage. She tried one out two weeks ago at a shop in Vegas and really liked it. I shopped around and beat the Vegas price by thirty bucks so it was worth shopping. Also, the pink, not crazy about it but she'll like it. Thanks for advice to all who responded to my earlier thread "trigger pull"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: wife's new ccw
Awesome! Congrats on most probably making the wifey very happy! Good idea going with a gun she is already familiar with. If you have any trouble at all, it will most likely be with stove-piping due to her not holding her wrist stiff enough. This is the problem even I had with mine when I had it. Once I realized that I needed to stiffen up my wrist I had no further issues. The TCP should serve your wife well, and here's hoping she never has to use it.

Cheers

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2014, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2014 03:58 PM by Delbert.)
Congrats to your Wife davidbruce. As with anybody, hope it never gets pulled, but when it's needed, at least you have the protection.

I lived out in Vegas twice. First time was Military on Nellis AFB between '74 to '77. Next time was Postal Delivery from '80 to '82.
Now my oldest Daughter's Family is living there in one of the new gated Community's on the NW side.

Her and her Hubby is going for their CCW and looking for some new Pistols to carry.
04-13-2014, 08:12 AM
Hey Ken and Delbert, thanks for your thoughts and info that contributed to our decision for the .380 caliber. Out of general interest I checked online for ballistic info on the defense ammo I've used for a few years in the .357, which is Hornaday Defender, Critical Defense.
Bought a box for the .380 and found a youtube video on the ballistic tests for the 90 grain Hornaday Defender. Done at ten feet, fired into ballistic gel covered in four layers of denim and the results were impressive. One inch after entry there is a cavity over an inch in diameter and six inches long, with average total penetration of eleven inches. Should stop most any two-legged critter intent on doing harm. (The same series tests on the .357 one could store furniture in the cavity, and average penetration is sixteen inches.)

Anyway, bought a few boxes of 95 grain range ammo as well since we can't really afford to break in three or four hundred rounds at over a buck a round.

Take care.