2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests). 2 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
trigger pull
01-17-2014, 10:22 AM
trigger pull
My wife's increasing arthritis makes it difficult for her to operate the trigger pull on our revolvers, and the kick is starting to be a bit much. Considering a .380 auto for her. The S & W Bodyguard is DAO and also too much trigger pull. Any ideas on a single-action .380 auto with a reasonable trigger pull and high quality? Leaning towards Ruger LCP with the Crimson Trace. Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2014, 06:46 PM
RE: trigger pull
My Wife's got Arthritis also. I got her a Bersa Thunder 380 Deluxe and she loves it. I do too.

It can start out as DA where you pull back the Hammer, then it trips to SA after the first shot. Might want to check one out.
I looked at the Ruger LCP model, and let Wife hold one, but with her long Fingers, she had the same problem as me. The Hand Hold was awkward, but with short Fingers and smaller Hands, it would work well. However, Ruger's Triggers have gotten heavier over the years.
Take a look also at Kel-Tec, Kahr, Sig Sauer, and even Taurus.
Del
01-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Delbert: Much thanks for info. Checking with our local gunshops (numerous) for the Bersa Thunder and Firestorm. Also, online, see that Crimson Trace grips available and I've been thinking that's not a bad way to go. Haven't found any reviews dealing with reliability re: loading/jamming but I assume two to three hundred rounds through it at the range should be a sufficient break in. (Yeah, I'm older than dirt and much prefer a revolver for the very unlikely event I'll ever be in a defense situation.) Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond.
01-21-2014, 03:39 PM
Firestorm. Guessing that's a Beretta model, which I hadn't thought of. Very good Guns. Don't know much about them, but some folks on here have some. Finding a Gun that can be adapted with Accessories is a very good thought and Crimson Trace is a set up that has proven to be reliable if you find the Gun that accepts them, that would be the route I would take. Good luck
Del
01-22-2014, 10:48 AM
For a single action .380 I feel there are none better than the Sig P238. The wife and I both love ours, but they are pricey. Worth every peny in my opinion.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user