1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1911 identify and value
11-03-2013, 07:46 PM
1911 identify and value
I Have an old 1911 that just doesn't seem to fit any parameters I have seen here and I am hoping someone can shed some light

ITs a Colts government model s/n C138728 ivory plastic grips (probably replaced)Ive had it 30 or so years decided I would see what its worth anyone??? thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2013, 06:58 AM
RE: 1911 identify and value
Welcome to the forum. Without any idea of the condition the price could be all over the place. By the serial number I am guessing it was manufactured in 1924.

Because 1911's are so varied, and so many things can effect the value, I recommend you snap some pictures and post them on http://forums.1911forum.com/ with all the information you have. They will certainly be able to help you out there.

Good luck! Cheers

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-30-2014, 09:54 PM
I too am retired, from Law Enforcement, I have a Government model, Mk4
series 70, made about 1973, it has a factory bright nickel finish on the sides and brushed nickel plate on the top. I am told this finish is rare, that not many were made. My wife and I need to obtain carry permits and I need to trade this gun for two new ones. Anybody have any advice, I would appreciate it.
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2014, 04:09 PM
Streetcar, welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a great gun, I hate the though of you giving it up, but you have to do what you have to do. I would follow the link I posted above and post some pictures and get a feel for what it is you have and what it might be worth. As I stated, 1911's are tough to put a value on unless you really know your stuff, and unfortunately I don't know 1911's well enough to give you a good idea of price. Wish I could help more.

Signwelcomespin

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user