1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Winchester 94 AE
07-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Winchester 94 AE
Hi Folks, I'm new here, and not sure I'm in the right place. A few weeks ago, I bought a Winchester 94 AE in .44 mag. with a large lever. I have not run the numbers, but was told it was made in 1982. The wood is in near perfect condition, and there are no marks anywhere on it that I can see. I was told it is unfired. Looking at the bore with my Hawkeye scope, I have no reason to not believe the sellers statement. I can't find any info on a 94AE. Can any of you folks help?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-18-2012, 05:48 AM
RE: Winchester 94 AE
Welcome to the forum! I managed to find this:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/915596727/Gun...rapper.htm

"AE" stands for Angle Eject, allowing for a scope mount, if I understand correctly. I haven't been able to find out much more than that. What other information are you looking for?

Again, Signwelcomespin

Cheers

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Welcome aboard Coyoteman. The newer Winnie's are now made in Japan from what I understand, but not for sure what year they started, but I hear they're made well. As to finding out what year your 94 was made in, you'll need the "Serial Number" and head over to a Winchester site to find out if you're correct, as I don't have that info in front of me. You also got that little lady in a good caliber. I have a Marlin model 1894 in 44mag and they're great 50 to 75yd brush guns. I know they'll shoot farther, but by keeping it closer, you'll have that 240gr bullet at it's best "THUMPING POWER".
NOW, I have to call you out on it. We need pics.
Del
Find all posts by this user
07-19-2012, 02:27 PM
(07-19-2012 02:13 PM)Delbert Wrote:  NOW, I have to call you out on it. We need pics.
Del

Yeah, what Del said. Pictures, or it didn't happen...

Hitwithrock

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user