1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Varmint Sniper Rifle
02-27-2012, 08:56 PM
Varmint Sniper Rifle
So the wifey and I have looked at the 17HMR several times and dismissed the round as unnecessary, and we didn't want to get into another round. But our love from both Marlins, and Laminate Stocks got the best of us. The wife found this "used" Marlin 917VSL at the local Gander Mountain for only $217! This thing regularly is sold for $350 or more. What's even better is that this "used" gun had never been shot. The mags were still wrapped up in the box with all the paperwork, manual, and scope mounts. It still had factory oil on it! So we snagged it us, and I let the wife put it in her name because I already have a couple laminated stock Marlins in my name. Time for her to have her own. We added a Simmons scope to it, and though the scope is painted silver and not stainless, it will do until we get a stainless one.

Haven't shot it yet, we are waiting for the weather to be a little more cooperative, but we can't wait to see what it will do. I guess the lesson of the day is "Never say never..."

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Varmint Sniper Rifle
You found yourself an exceptional rifle for the money. You'll find that killing crows at 150yds will be fun, and they'll never know where it's coming from. You also put on a very good little scope in that 22MAG.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply