1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Our New Carry Guns
11-24-2011, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2011 12:43 PM by alleydude.)
Our New Carry Guns
Well, the wifey and I finally got our cconcealed carry permits, so we went out and picked out or first carry guns. Though the wife already had a Ruger LCP, she never felt comfortable with it because of the strange, double action trigger pull.

So I was leaning towards the Sig P238, and I knew the local Gander Mountain had one new. We went and I discovered a used one there as well. So I got the used one, and the wife, after trying out a number of other guns, settled on the new Sig P238 that I had originally went to look at.

So here they are, two Sig Sauer P238 .380's. Mine has the stainless slide, hers is all black. We have some pink grips on order for her gun, though!

This morning we went up to the range and blasted through a box of ammo each without a problem. Can't say the same for the Ruger LCP.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-27-2011, 01:50 AM
RE: Our New Carry Guns
Congrats on you both getting your CCW permits.Thumbup2 Those Sigs look like they'll give you very good service as protection. Look simple to operate compared to other models and I know that they are dependable and reliable as a lot of Police Departments use Sigs as their sidearm. Are you using an ankle, shoulder or waistband style holster? I'm guessing that Miss Alley is using her pocketbook. I'm looking for something simple myself, but haven't decided on any particular model or caliber.
Del
Find all posts by this user
11-27-2011, 08:29 AM
(11-27-2011 01:50 AM)Delbert Wrote:  Congrats on you both getting your CCW permits.Thumbup2 Those Sigs look like they'll give you very good service as protection. Look simple to operate compared to other models and I know that they are dependable and reliable as a lot of Police Departments use Sigs as their sidearm. Are you using an ankle, shoulder or waistband style holster? I'm guessing that Miss Alley is using her pocketbook. I'm looking for something simple myself, but haven't decided on any particular model or caliber.
Del

The wifey used and insided the pocket holster in her pants front pocket. Seems to work for her. I tried using and inside waist band holster but the gun and holster kept trying to crawl out. Almost lost it a couple time (SCARY!!!) so for now I am just keeping in in the holster in my jacket pocket. I am still working out the problem.

I love these guns. They just shoot and shoot and shoot without issue (so far, knock on wood). They are almost identical to the Colt Mustang, which is based on the 1911. I am really jazzed about these guns.

Got new grips for the wife's, got to get some picture of soon.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
11-27-2011, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 04:01 PM by alleydude.)
Here are the new pink pearl grips on my wife's gun. They look even better in person. Really girlie's up the gun, don't they?

[Image: sig-07.jpg]

[Image: sig-08.jpg]

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
12-10-2011, 04:04 PM
New grips for my P238 from RhynoTek. They really change the look of the gun, I think. I love them.

[Image: sig-grips-01.jpg]

[Image: sig-grips-02.jpg]

[Image: sig-grips-03.jpg]

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
12-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Those grips really look nice. That pink pearl look on the Wife's grips really jazzes up the Sig. Probably even makes it shoot straighter too.
Del
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Here's some glamour shots of the wifey's gun.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!