1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I did a Major Multipurpose Hunt Today
10-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Wink I did a Major Multipurpose Hunt Today
I do Graveyard work and when I got off Today, I headed straight for my favorite Public Land hunting ground. They have nice graveled roads and Forest Trails to follow, with parking access to get private vehicle off main road. I was going for Squirrel, Turkey, Rabbit and anything else that's legal for this time of year. Saw a few Squirrels at a distance, but when you get to the area---them little rascals disappear and couldn't get one of them. While going back to truck, I got a Groundhog. That thing climbed about 6ft up into a tree. I didn't know they could climb trees? Didn't see a Rabbit one. All the while I was also scouting for deer signs in my favorite spots and where to setup for this year's Deer hunt, and did see a couple of Does. Changed spots to see if I could summon up a Squirrel or two and walked into Forest for about 1/2 mile, and again, saw some, but those pests eluded me, BUT, while walking back to my truck, I notice a vivid blue color out of the corner of my eye. Some Turkeys were walking along side me about 20yds in the wooded area, while I was in the graveled Forest Truck road area. I put a bead on one, and NOW I have a Turkey in the pot. My 1st Turkey.Thumbup2 It was a Hen that weighed between 7-12 pounds. Will mount the tail/wings on a plaque to hang on wall. Funny, I didn't even have to call them.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2011, 08:10 AM
RE: I did a Major Multipurpose Hunt Today
Del, old buddy! Glad to see you alive and kicking! Congrats on the turkey. What were you using? Sounds like a great time you had. I have been so busy that I haven't had time to even consider hunting this year. Got a new job at http://www.discounttommy.com/ that is taking up a lot of my time, but is very rewarding.

Now that the paychecks are coming in I can finaly get my Mini-14 off layaway.

Anyway, I am glad to see you post again. Once I have more to post about, I will be showing off some new stuff, hopefully SOON!

Again, congrats on the turkey. Save a leg for me! Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-23-2011, 06:53 AM
RE: I did a Major Multipurpose Hunt Today
Hey Ole Bud. I've been on here a few times, and I thought something happened. NOBODY seemed to be in any kind of contact. I tried contacting you, but my server wasn't responding correctly, and messages wouldn't go through. Anyway, thanks, I got the Turkey with my Rem 20ga and was getting ready to put away my new rifle I got---(that you don't know about), when I was about 10 feet from the truck when I seen the Turkeys, and quickly got out my shotgun. I think my truck being "red" and I was dressed in "Camo", that they knew what happening. I made the shot, and Turkey did a "Death Jump" into air and landed dead on spot. Other hens in group squaked/squeeled/whistled and I tried to get another bead on one, but they disappeared just as quick as I saw them---truely one of the hardest animals to get close enough to kill in that they are so silent and smaller compared to what I normally hunt, and they blending into their surroundings of the woods trees and shadows. It was totally by luck I got this one. What they show on TV is NOT what is done out in woods to get one, especially while hunting other critters and all the sounds you make. Anyway CONGRATS on landing a job. I checked out Site---looks interesting. Hope things work well for you and Family. Now get out that little Mini 14 and have some fun. I'll now post about that new little 22 rifle I got. I think you'll like.
Del
Find all posts by this user