1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Marlin 1893 determine Takedown Model
03-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Marlin 1893 determine Takedown Model
I have a Marlin model 1893 and would like to know if there is an easy way to deterime if it is a takedown or not. It was manufactured around 1905. How do you determine if it is a takedown?
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 07:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2011 07:12 AM by alleydude.)
RE: Marlin 1893 determine Takedown Model
(03-01-2011 04:07 PM)epicdesign Wrote:  I have a Marlin model 1893 and would like to know if there is an easy way to deterime if it is a takedown or not. It was manufactured around 1905. How do you determine if it is a takedown?

Welcome to FPG. As much as I hate sending people away from my site, I recommend you post your question on MarlinOwners.com. Great bunch of people and a treasure trove of Marlin knowledge.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2011, 11:48 AM
RE: Marlin 1893 determine Takedown Model
The takedown models of Marlin have a lever(pin) on the front underside of receiver, just in front of the forearm that releases the receiver/barrel catch and you just unscrew the front assembly. These pins are of various lengths, so what one model has won't/might look like another model release lever. Like Alleydude said, you may want to check out MarlinOwners.com for lots more info about any Marlin. I belong to the group and it's amazing what you'll pickup for information.
Del
Find all posts by this user