1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
mod 94 in .450 marlin
10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
mod 94 in .450 marlin
Hi everyone.I have a model 94 timber carbine in .450 marlin.Does anyone know how many were made?and how much they are worth in excellent condition?Dont get me wrong but i love the brute and would never sell but am just curious about numbers and worth.Thanks for any help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2010, 06:24 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2010 06:28 AM by alleydude.)
RE: mod 94 in .450 marlin
(10-12-2010 11:07 PM)welderdave Wrote:  Hi everyone.I have a model 94 timber carbine in .450 marlin.Does anyone know how many were made?and how much they are worth in excellent condition?Dont get me wrong but i love the brute and would never sell but am just curious about numbers and worth.Thanks for any help.

First off, welcome to FPG! I have a Marlin 1894 in 450 Marlin and it's a big honkin' round. Gotta love those big bore lever guns.

Second, post pictures or it don't exist! Roflblack

As for how many, the best answer I have found is "not many". In trying to determine a value, it looks like several have not sold on GunBroker.com with their bidding topping out around $800 without meeting the seller's reserve of around $1000. So depending on condition, and without further information to go by, I'd have to say around $600-800, depending on condition. I would think it would be worth more, though.

Hope this helps, and again Signwelcomespin

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2010, 06:35 AM
(10-13-2010 06:24 AM)alleydude Wrote:  
(10-12-2010 11:07 PM)welderdave Wrote:  Hi everyone.I have a model 94 timber carbine in .450 marlin.Does anyone know how many were made?and how much they are worth in excellent condition?Dont get me wrong but i love the brute and would never sell but am just curious about numbers and worth.Thanks for any help.

First off, welcome to FPG! I have a Marlin 1894 in 450 Marlin and it's a big honkin' round. Gotta love those big bore lever guns.

Second, post pictures or it don't exist! Roflblack

As for how many, the best answer I have found is "not many". In trying to determine a value, it looks like several have not sold on GunBroker.com with their bidding topping out around $800 without meeting the seller's reserve of around $1000. So depending on condition, and without further information to go by, I'd have to say around $600-800, depending on condition. I would think it would be worth more, though.

Hope this helps, and again Signwelcomespin

Thanks Alleydude.I havent been able to find any info on serial #'s for the 2 years they were made but i dont think very many were made either.I will post pics later this morn but it does have a scope and a butt stock shell holder as it is my main hunting gun but it doesnt have a scratch or ding on it.
10-13-2010, 07:01 AM
(10-13-2010 06:35 AM)welderdave Wrote:  Thanks Alleydude.I havent been able to find any info on serial #'s for the 2 years they were made but i dont think very many were made either.I will post pics later this morn but it does have a scope and a butt stock shell holder as it is my main hunting gun but it doesnt have a scratch or ding on it.
Sounds awesome! Be careful with those shell holders, though, after a while they tend to dull the finish on the stock underneath. If that isn't an issue for you, no biggie. If you're worried about resale value, you might want to keep this in mind.

Look forward to seeing some pics of this beast. Thumbup2

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
10-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Welcome aboard Welderdave. Gotta see some pics.
Del
10-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Thx,im working on it but my cam only want to take pics too big for forum.Ill figure it out hopefully.
10-14-2010, 05:48 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2010 05:49 AM by alleydude.)
(10-14-2010 04:13 AM)welderdave Wrote:  Thx,im working on it but my cam only want to take pics too big for forum.Ill figure it out hopefully.

If you have to, eMail them to me at [email protected] and I will attach them to your post.

Cheers

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
10-14-2010, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2010 06:19 AM by alleydude.)
Thanks,
pics are on their way.

10-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Done! Great looking lever gun you got there. Thanks for sharing. I wouldn't kick that sweet thang out of bed, that's for sure....

I mean...

Nevermind.

Tongue

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
10-15-2010, 11:01 AM
Very nice. Do you like those see-thru rings. I've found you have to strain your neck if your scope doesn't have a large optical bell of 50mm or larger. Those with 40mm or less can use medium or low with greater effect. Of course, if you like them, that's all that matters.
Del