1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 870 is now dressed for the PARTY!!
09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
My 870 is now dressed for the PARTY!!
        Went to Bass Pro a couple days ago to get some camo gear/Turkey choke, for my 870-20 gauge, then went to a Bushnell scope outlet nearby to get a scope to set on top. I chose a Bushnell "Trophy" Red/Green Dot that has 4 different recticles for each color. I had a scope that worked well, but this scope is much better. I marked off 20yds and fired off some #7-1/2 shot(7/8 oz shot) to see pattern for new scope. Did some adjustments/was satisified, then fired off some shots at the 30yd mark. Not so well, so I stepped to around the 25yd mark and fired again. Better. OK, I now know that I have some good yardage for Turkey from 20yds or closer being the best and a maximum of 30yds. Loaded up the heavier rounds of #6 and #4 shot(both having 1 oz shot). Keeping all of this with 2-3/4 shells, even though gun can handle 3" shells. The #4 did well, BUT the #6 shot did the best with my set-up. So now, I found my load for Turkey's, so some pics of my "Turkey" set-up for Spring time. The camo I used is a removable slip-on, as is the saddle-back scope mount for IF I decide I want to do something else with either hunting or just fun.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2010, 09:05 AM
RE: My 870 is now dressed for the PARTY!!
(09-27-2010 07:55 PM)Delbert Wrote:  The camo I used is a removable slip-on, as is the saddle-back scope mount for IF I decide I want to do something else with either hunting or just fun.
Del

Phew! I thought you painted up that perty perty laminate wood! Doh

Looks great, though. Go get yerself something fowl! Roflblack

Gettit...? FOWL! Roflblack Roflblack Roflblack

Oh, I kill me. Tongue

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks, but that joke left a slight fowl taste in my mouth--LOL. I went this way, because I DIDN'T want to paint that perty stock. I found a plastic stock/forearm, but they need slight work on them to fit and I didn't have all tools/parts to put them on at this time.
Del
10-01-2010, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2010 09:51 PM by gnepig.)
Now ain't that tactically delicious, I pitty the fowl that crosses your crosshairs with that cool set up! I like the scope, is it magnifide? Thumbup2

Now I see you in a ghillie suit, hiden in the bushes, waitin for them gobblers to attack!
10-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Thanks Guys. The scope isn't magnafied as it's a "Red Dot" and NOT a short tube shotgun/pistol scope where you can get magnification if you need. I thought about one of those scopes also, but I feel I can get a better sight picture with a Red Dot and the game being so close than what I normally hunt with my deer rifles and their scopes where you need magnification to see how many tines on one antler for a "legal kill". I won't be going for that ghillie suie you see on TV with those hunt shows where they get them free for the endorsement. Around my area, you can practically throw a rock and kill a turkey, they're so thick. I'll admit they're also pretty smart, so I'll take a chance with just my plain ole Mossy Oak getup.
Del