1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Every Marlin Lover Should Not Be Without
09-04-2010, 04:55 PM
What Every Marlin Lover Should Not Be Without
Saw this at my local WalMart and just about poopied my pants. Of course, I had to plop down the $35 smackers for it, since no Marlin lever action collection would be complete without the Marlin Cowboy, a BB gun produced by Crossman.

It's a spiffy little gun, the cocking takes a bit more effort than a Daisy, and it advertises a 350FPS muzzle velocity, same as a Red Ryder.

It's pretty cool, great for starting your kids off with a Marlin, if they see dad's big gun collection and want one just like dads. Just be ready to cock it for them until they get a bit bigger. My 12-year-old has a tough time cocking this one, though he can do it. The Daisy is more kid friendly.

[Image: marlinbb-01.jpg]

[Image: marlinbb-02.jpg]

[Image: marlinbb-04.jpg]

[Image: marlinbb-05.jpg]

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2010, 11:26 PM
RE: What Every Marlin Lover Should Not Be Without
Now that's a neat piece of wall hanging art. Your's has some surprisingly nice wood for a BB gun. But of course, it's a Marlin. I've got to get me one of those. Must of come into WalMart within the last day or so, as I was just in my local store on Thursday and looked over the BB/Air Guns area, and didn't see any. I did get some ammo for my deer guns though. You always do come thru with some amazing new guns.
Del
Find all posts by this user
09-05-2010, 08:14 AM
(09-04-2010 11:26 PM)Delbert Wrote:  Now that's a neat piece of wall hanging art. Your's has some surprisingly nice wood for a BB gun. But of course, it's a Marlin. I've got to get me one of those. Must of come into WalMart within the last day or so, as I was just in my local store on Thursday and looked over the BB/Air Guns area, and didn't see any. I did get some ammo for my deer guns though. You always do come thru with some amazing new guns.
Del

I shot it yesterday and I have to say the Marlin isn't very accurate compared to the Daisy. I was a bit disappointed. I couldn't hit anything with it. I tried going high and low, left and right, and could only hit my target about one out of ten times. My target being an empty milk jug about 15 yards off my deck. With the daisy I can it it better than 90% of the time. This is disappointing, you would think Crossman could produce a more accurate product.

But as for a Marlin collectible, I am happy. I will play with it more, maybe I just need to find it's sweet spot.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
09-05-2010, 11:33 AM
This is kinda silly, but take a "straight edge" and run it along the barrel to see if it's bent in some way that's throwing off your shots, because looking at the last pic you have(3/4 shot with barrel pointed away) the barrel looks to be arcing ever so slightly. Could be just a optical illusion, but worth looking at to be sure. Maybe also take it back to store to exchange for a different one that may give better results.
Del
09-05-2010, 02:44 PM
(09-05-2010 11:33 AM)Delbert Wrote:  This is kinda silly, but take a "straight edge" and run it along the barrel to see if it's bent in some way that's throwing off your shots, because looking at the last pic you have(3/4 shot with barrel pointed away) the barrel looks to be arcing ever so slightly. Could be just a optical illusion, but worth looking at to be sure. Maybe also take it back to store to exchange for a different one that may give better results.
Del

Well, it must just be me being an old man. My 12-year-old son took the new Marlin BB gun and outshot me with me using the Daisy. He really likes it, and I asked him if he wanted it for his own. Now he has a new Marlin BB gun (he has several, this isn't his first).

It's a proud day for me whenever he can outshoot me.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
09-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Grasshopper has passed the test and can now be called "The Master". It just means you taught him well Ken---NICE. A new Generation is now becoming a collector of guns.
Del
09-10-2010, 12:47 AM
Man, I've been checking all my local WalMarts and not one has received this Marlin BB gun yet. I'm chomping at the bit, as I want to not only shoot it, but I've got just the wall to hang it from in my computer room, where I'll be looking at it all the time. I'll probably also pick up that Red Rider 70th Anniversary model too. You Guys know how it is. Ya can't let your guns be lonely.Tongue
Del
09-10-2010, 07:05 PM
(09-10-2010 12:47 AM)Delbert Wrote:  You Guys know how it is. Ya can't let your guns be lonely.Tongue

I think they breed, actually... Roflblack

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
09-11-2010, 11:59 PM
HMMmmm, you might have something there Ken. Let's see, I have a Mossberg in 30-06 and bred it to my Weatherby 243, I'll get a Weatherberg in 25-06. I like that. I need more guns for breeding purposes. OH HONEY!!!Spank
Del
09-12-2010, 09:13 PM
It sure is a good lookin rifle... haven't seen one of those anywhere around here yet, sure would be cool if I could have one of those too...

Maybe our ol buddy Ken could ship us one Del? 18