1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
M1 Carbine
09-01-2010, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2010 10:55 PM by gnepig.)
M1 Carbine
Spose I should show this since we have a cool new old gun section now Thumbup

I recently sold this one to get another shotgun. It was a rearsonal, the reciever was made by Standard Products, the barrel by Underwood in about 1943 and the stock was from an M2 but the markings were all sanded off. It was a fine weapon, just not very accurate and the cost of 30 carbine ammo was way too expensive...

[Image: 100_1158.jpg]

[Image: 100_1154.jpg]

Yeah, I'll regret it but I got something that we can afford to shoot...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2010, 12:47 AM
RE: M1 Carbine
That is some cool pics--thanks Gnepig. Don't worry about selling it. Those old M1, were just like an SKS rifle. With all the ammo a soldier carried they just pointed in the general direction and pulled the trigger--if they missed, so what, just reload. They were a good/reliable gun, JUST not all that accurate out of the box(in this case--wooden crate). They're not like today's weaponry that is required for the military. But of course, I miss all my old guns I sold too.
Del
09-01-2010, 07:50 AM
I saw one at a local gun shop, sitting in the back all lonesome and whatnot. I asked the clerk what they wanted for it, he says "It's a consignment gun. They want $450," then he says "or make an offer".

I said "Would they take $300 for it?"

He says "Hmmmm. How about $350?"

I ask to see it, and I notice something is different about it. All the metal is polished. Shiny, shiny! The clerk explains that it was a parade gun. Every bit of metal on it looked like chrome!

Then I notice the tag on it. Doh It said $1450 (not $450). The clerk must have noticed the tag at the same time because he grabbed it out of my hand so quick, appoligized and said he was mistaken and that was pretty much the end of that.

Sigh... Nice dream, anyway.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Quote:
"They were a good/reliable gun, JUST not all that accurate out of the box(in this case--wooden crate)."

Yep, it shot just fine= you could hit a man sized target just fine at 60 yards but reliably hitting a one gallon jug wasn't as easy... I think your Hi Point Carbine could probably do better.

Quote:
"I saw one at a local gun shop, sitting in the back all lonesome and whatnot."

For $1450.... it's probably still sitting there.
05-14-2014, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 05-15-2014 11:57 AM by WaltonDo.)
(09-01-2010 12:03 AM)gnepig Wrote:  Spose I should show this since we have a cool new solar panel section now Thumbup

I recently sold this one to get another shotgun. It was a rearsonal, the reciever was made by Standard Products, the barrel by Underwood in about 1943 and the stock was from an M2 but the markings were all sanded off. It was a fine weapon, just not very accurate and the cost of 30 carbine ammo was way too expensive...

[Image: 100_1158.jpg]

[Image: 100_1154.jpg]

Yeah, I'll regret it but I got something that we can afford to shoot...
You have got real good one.. Seems very expensive to me..These old guns are not available with ease now..