1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mosin Nagant 91/30
03-14-2011, 09:45 AM
RE: Mosin Nagant 91/30
Now she has a sister, and her name is Tula. Couldn't pass up getting another $79 Mosin, and when I saw that it was a Tula I couldn't get the paper work filled out and the money out of my wallet fast enough.

She's the one on the top, and is in better shape than the wife's Izzy.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2011, 10:45 AM
I honestly can't tell any difference between the two, except stock differences in grain patterns. What makes a Tula so different than an Izzy, other than location of build or any other difference in other Mosin factories? Hope it's a good shooter for ya. OH!!! what caliber?
Del
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2011, 05:59 PM
(03-15-2011 10:45 AM)Delbert Wrote:  I honestly can't tell any difference between the two, except stock differences in grain patterns. What makes a Tula so different than an Izzy, other than location of build or any other difference in other Mosin factories? Hope it's a good shooter for ya. OH!!! what caliber?
Del

I don't think there is a lot of difference, other than where they were made (thus different markings) and at least my Tula has an octagon receiver instead of a round one like on my Izzy. Other than that, I don't know enough about them to say what is different or not. TheTula's are rarer than the Izzy's, I know that.

As for caliber, they are both 7.62x54. You can definately hunt large game with them.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
03-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Thumbup2 Cool gun Ken, how's she shoot?
03-26-2012, 05:54 AM
(03-25-2012 10:57 PM)gnepig Wrote:  Thumbup2 Cool gun Ken, how's she shoot?

It shoots very well, and is quite accurate at 50 yards. Now that I have a spotting scope, and it's warming up outside, I will see if I can do some "Enemy at the Gates" stuff at 100 yards.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 10:30 PM by gnepig.)
Lookin forward to reading your impressions of both guns side by side, but most importantly about you two having fun with them.
:D
Lookin forward to reading your impressions of both guns side by side, but most importantly about you two having fun with them.
:D
04-29-2012, 09:17 PM
For 7.62 Russian Rimmed (7.62x54) go to http://www.sportsmansguide.com -- they have tons of it -- from 20rd boxes to 500rd hermetically sealed "sardine cans" for good prices. I get their catalogs and emails all the time. It's always in it.