1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photo Gallery
08-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Photo Gallery
Couldn't get my picture to load in the Bolt action section of the cool new Photo Gallery so I'll sumit it here for approval...

[Image: 100_1136A.jpg]

Mosin Nagants, I bought the one with the red tag for my uncle. These cost $110 each at the local gun show... I think I want another.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-15-2010, 05:43 AM
RE: Photo Gallery
(08-15-2010 01:55 AM)gnepig Wrote:  Couldn't get my picture to load in the Bolt action section of the cool new Photo Gallery so I'll sumit it here for approval...

[Image: 100_1136A.jpg]

Mosin Nagants, I bought the one with the red tag for my uncle. These cost $110 each at the local gun show... I think I want another.

Couldn't get them to load? Hmmm... What kind of message did it give you?

Great looking guns. My son wants me to get one of these so bad! They are certainly priced right.

Looks like you're arming your local militia! Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-15-2010, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2010 07:45 PM by Delbert.)
Great guns for the money(making sure of good action and barrel not shot out). I see Gnepig, that you learned the hard way, that those steel butt plates don't react to shoulders kindly(the top picture with the recoil pad). LOL. You got got them at a very good price. Are these the 7.62x39 or 54 models? Whichever one, they are used with great success on deer here in Missouri nowadays. British 303's are used a lot here also, but a little harder to find and more expensive.
Del
I tried the new photo gallery also Ken, and it said my pic was too large. It doesn't resize automatically like you have set up for rest of forum. I'll send some pics in the "lever action" to show some before/after pictures of my new rifle.
Del
09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Went to the range today, had a good time. My girl didn't shoot it much (can't see where the bullets hit at 100 yds) might try it again at a closer range tomorrow. I shot it for awhile and it did just what I expected it to do...

[Image: 100_1238.jpg]

This is how it groups at 100 yards:

[Image: 100_1247.jpg]
09-08-2010, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2010 06:03 PM by alleydude.)
(09-08-2010 05:51 PM)gnepig Wrote:  This is how it groups at 100 yards:

[Image: 100_1247.jpg]

A hundred yards with iron sights, I'd say that's pretty damn good! We gotta get back out and see what we can do at 100 yards. At 50 yards it was shooting high, even with the rear sight as low as it would go. Maybe at 100 yards it will be spot on...?

Have you been to this site? Great Mosin Nagant site!

http://7.62x54r.net/

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-09-2010, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2010 01:12 AM by gnepig.)
Quote:
"A hundred yards with iron sights, I'd say that's pretty damn good! We gotta get back out and see what we can do at 100 yards. At 50 yards it was shooting high, even with the rear sight as low as it would go. Maybe at 100 yards it will be spot on...?"

I thought we'd try it out at 50yds tomorrow and see how it goes, but ours was shooting real high and to the left for her, that would be the 8 shots in the top left corner of the target and the one over on the board. For me it was just to the extreme left about a foot. The group in the bottom right corner is after I figured out how much extreme windage was needed to get them to go where you wanted them to. I fired 3 or 4 different kinds of ammo through this thing today and two of them had very different effects. I'll take a picture of them and describe the differences tommorow... but I have to say this right now DON'T buy the Polish stuff... it's crap! I'd say that Minute Of Man is the best you could ask of this rifle at 100 yrds with the old mil-surp ammo...

As far as shooting way too high thats when I tried the Brown Bear 203 stuff= it put them 8 inches above the intended target (must be powerful stuff), didn't fire too many of those.
I read that a taller front site post is needed if your gun shoots too high, I'd try some different ammo first.
09-12-2010, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2010 07:48 PM by gnepig.)
Ok it's not tomorrow but I got my round-to-it today...

The rounds tried are from left to right= Barnall 203gr, Czech 147gr, Czech light ball target round, Polish 147gr. The Barnalls shot real high and the Polish stuff shot real low and more scattered (this judging from our shooting the day before):
[Image: 100_1311.jpg]

What 100 yards looks like from iron sites, the 8 inch target looks as big as the front site pin:
[Image: 100_1258.jpg]

This is the first string of 13 shots before I knocked the front site over to the left more and using the Czech 147gr bullets:
[Image: 100_1269.jpg]

This one is of another string of 13 shots still using the Czech 147gr bullets, I didn't knock the site over far enough, so I just compensated for the rest of the time:
[Image: 100_1277.jpg]

The target on the lower left shows 12 shots with the Czech light ball target ammo:
[Image: 100_1306.jpg]

My Russian M91/30 seems to like the target stuff a little better.
I didn't get to shoot at the 50 yards nor did I get to compare the Barnall and the Polish ammo this day, I spent too much time trying out my zombie loads in my 20 inch AR15 and playing with the new shotgun. I will shoot out those other two ammo's next time we go out.
I would love to practice more with this rifle, it seems to get better the more I shoot it.