1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Lever Action and she's a BEAUT
08-12-2010, 01:35 AM
1st Lever Action and she's a BEAUT
Well, I did it Boys/Girls. I went and got my "first" lever action. Now the proud owner of a Western Field 740A-EMN 30-30 carbine. Looking at all the reviews/and maker of this rifle it appears to be from Marlin and sold by Montgomery Wards around 1964/65 and seems to be a good shooter. Believe me, when I say this gun is FLAWLESS(except for some light scuff marks on hammer from falling onto striker). The receiver screws appear to of NEVER been touched. There's not even a scratch on any of the blueing. I think this gun maybe has never been fired. The walnut stock isn't even marred with handling scratches. This rifle is truely a "gun safe queen" in all aspects. Pictures soon.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2010, 07:06 AM
RE: 1st Lever Action and she's a BEAUT
WhoooHoooo! Thumbup2 Welcome to the club! Lever guns have their own feel, and are addicting as FOCK! Get ready, you might just find yourself looking at others now, in all calibers. We have nine so far, seven Marlins and two Henrys and am always looking for more.

You started out with an interesting piece. Can't wait to see pictures of it. Sounds like a sweet gun. Congrats!

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-15-2010, 01:04 AM
Allright Del! Lookin forward to pictures and a zombie tree shooting report... Thumbup2
08-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Here's some pics of my new Lever Action I promised you. I found out it was made in 1965. I installed a small "red dot" scope on it. Went to range today and put 20 rounds through her. Not one failure. Not bad for a 45 year old rifle.
Del

Attached File(s) Image(s)

08-16-2010, 08:26 AM
What a sweet little lady you have there. Most certainly a Marlin by heritage, probably a Marlin 336RC clone. Absolutely a great shooter and will serve you well. And doesn't look too bad with that red-dot either. And a recoil pad, dude you made out. Makes me want to get out my 336's and kill some zombie targets.

Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user