2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests). 2 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Conceal Carry Permit
06-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Conceal Carry Permit
Well, I think I've decided what I want for Father's Day. I'm gonna tell the Wife that I want to take a class for my Conceal Carry for Missouri. Does this sound like putting my 2nd Amendment to work--I think so. I've emailed a local training about where located for class/dates available and other gun/ammo questions, so I'm gonna do it for my family's safety and my right as an AMERICAN. I think I'll take 2 pistols and then decide which one to use for the class and use the other one as a backup if it's allowed(just in case).
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2010, 11:40 AM
RE: Conceal Carry Permit
(06-09-2010 01:40 AM)Delbert Wrote:  Well, I think I've decided what I want for Father's Day. I'm gonna tell the Wife that I want to take a class for my Conceal Carry for Missouri. Does this sound like putting my 2nd Amendment to work--I think so. I've emailed a local training about where located for class/dates available and other gun/ammo questions, so I'm gonna do it for my family's safety and my right as an AMERICAN. I think I'll take 2 pistols and then decide which one to use for the class and use the other one as a backup if it's allowed(just in case).
Del

Awesome! More power to you. I've been wanting to get mine but can't afford it right now (always something else to spend money on), but it will happen soon. Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2010, 12:48 AM
Went to a pawn shop today that I found online that said they had connections to a CCW Instructor, so I got a business card and called individual and my class is scheduled for next weekend(June 19). I'm stoked for this one. A few hours of class, then out to the gun range to blow off a hundred rounds through a revolver(I'll rent this gun from instructor w/ammo included) AND my Hi-Point 40 for a day of enjoyment. Then, all the paperwork involved for getting a CCW on my Driver's License. The Instructor I choose, is NRA, Military and Law Enforcement Certified. I've got my bases covered.
Del
06-10-2010, 06:56 AM
(06-10-2010 12:48 AM)Delbert Wrote:  Went to a pawn shop today that I found online that said they had connections to a CCW Instructor, so I got a business card and called individual and my class is scheduled for next weekend(June 19). I'm stoked for this one. A few hours of class, then out to the gun range to blow off a hundred rounds through a revolver(I'll rent this gun from instructor w/ammo included) AND my Hi-Point 40 for a day of enjoyment. Then, all the paperwork involved for getting a CCW on my Driver's License. The Instructor I choose, is NRA, Military and Law Enforcement Certified. I've got my bases covered.
Del

That's just awesome. Take a camera and be our inside reporter...!

Cheers

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
06-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Camera--hadn't even thought of that. For the future generation, ya know. I can here it now. Now here's Great Grandpa drawing his gun, when it went off and shot his little toe off. OOOH, here's another picture of Grandpa from that same shooting place where he sliced open his thumb from the gun's slide when it came back. Just look at his face--looks like it really hurt, just before they had to take him to hospital. They never did find that toe to sew it back on. HEY! GRANDPA! Did you ever get that permit you were going for, for something about hiding a gun when going into town? Why Yes I did, and it saved your Grandma and My life once, when a PUNK tried to car-jack us one day at a stoplight, and I put that gun right between his eyes, and said: Hey Punk. Do ya feel lucky. Do ya? Go ahead and make my day. Ok a little day dreaming there, with some of today's reality thrown in. Now back to your regularly scheduled channel.
Del
06-11-2010, 05:55 AM
(06-11-2010 01:25 AM)Delbert Wrote:  Camera--hadn't even thought of that. For the future generation, ya know. I can here it now. Now here's Great Grandpa drawing his gun, when it went off and shot his little toe off. OOOH, here's another picture of Grandpa from that same shooting place where he sliced open his thumb from the gun's slide when it came back. Just look at his face--looks like it really hurt, just before they had to take him to hospital. They never did find that toe to sew it back on. HEY! GRANDPA! Did you ever get that permit you were going for, for something about hiding a gun when going into town? Why Yes I did, and it saved your Grandma and My life once, when a PUNK tried to car-jack us one day at a stoplight, and I put that gun right between his eyes, and said: Hey Punk. Do ya feel lucky. Do ya? Go ahead and make my day. Ok a little day dreaming there, with some of today's reality thrown in. Now back to your regularly scheduled channel.
Del

Roflblack Roflblack Roflblack Roflblack

Funny stuff!

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
So Grandpa, did ya take the class today or what?!

The wife and I did this last year= learned some stuff and had a blast.
06-19-2010, 07:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2010 08:06 PM by Delbert.)
        Well, I've got "good news" and "bad news". Bad News first. My damn car wouldn't start today for the CCW training and the Wife just left for town for the Farmer's Market where she sells handmade soaps, lotions, creams and other things and it's 6:60AM. Crap. Now what? OK, leave a couple things behind and take the motorcycle. "Good News, it started. Glad something around this house works. Load gun(Hi-Point don't let me down)in one saddlebag with ammo,eyewear,hearing protection in other saddlebag and hope Police are still changing their shifts and not on road. Made it 35 miles to class, just to find out that instructor changed locations because of air conditioning not working. OK, find new location and I'm ONLY ONE to show up. Good natured instructor(ex-State Patrol, Military and handyman) and we talk a little one on one about pasts' and just to get to know one-another to feel comfortable. Now onto class. It was 6hrs long with State Laws on concealment, actual Court cases and outcomes and what would I do if it happened to me and what the actual outcome was with the Court cases, Where/where NOT to carry, EVEN with a CCW permit and how stupid "anti-gun" people can be and many other various gun laws and websites to visit to get more information. FINALLY we go to range. I needed to fire with a REVOLVER and SEMI-AUTO. IT IS A MUST for getting a permit. Target is placed at 7yds(yep, a whole 21 feet). Ok, I rented instructors revolver which was a nice little Colt "Diamondback" 22lr. I place around 20 bullets into the target which is a silhouette of a man that is/or is very close to life size from the head to waist area. All shots MUST be in the black area of this man target and cover what is the size of a large grapefruit. Now for some practice with my Hi-Point which I honestly haven't shot much. Sent off a couple rounds and readjusted rear sight and I'm good to go. When you have used 50 rounds using BOTH guns combined, you NOW MUST(with new target) send 20 rounds for each gun into the man's silhouette and keeping bullets as close to "heart area" as possible. Let's just say-----I PASSED. Now onto Sheriff's Dept to get fingerprinted and a couple forms to fill out, then to DMV for NEW, ID card with CCW at top(looks like driver's license).
Del
Almost forgot the MOST IMPORTANT instructions. YOU MUST have 15 out of 20 shots from each gun in the black area to pass for the permit. As you will see I rushed some shots and had some fliers that I wasn't proud of.Spank
Del
06-19-2010, 08:09 PM
(06-19-2010 07:56 PM)Delbert Wrote:  ...Let's just say-----I PASSED. Now onto Sheriff's Dept to get fingerprinted and a couple forms to fill out, then to DMV for NEW, ID card with CCW at top(looks like driver's license).
Del

Congrats, buddy! Glad it went well for you, too bad your wife couldn't make it, but there's always next time.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
06-19-2010, 08:14 PM
Awesome!

Great shootin there Del, I'd say if the target was a bad guy he'd be pushin up daisies. Thumbup2
Did you have a good time and learn lots of stuff?

Sounds like it's a little easier to get the CCW in your state than in Fl. We had to wait a month to get our cards in the mail.

Congrats man..