1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
His & Hers
05-20-2010, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2010 05:11 PM by alleydude.)
His & Hers
Rock Island 1911's. Mine is the black one, the wife's is the bling bling one. Got these today from the Gun Buying Club.

These are very, very accurate, even with the iron sights. That, and when you can get two for about the price of one, this is really the way to go.

Just a side note, I gave the Gun Buying Club a try since I am flying their banners on the site, and they delivered fast and as advertised. AND I saved a bundle of money! Bravo!

[Image: 1911.jpg]

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2010, 10:49 PM
RE: His & Hers
Heard of Rock Island, but don't know much about them. How do their 1911's compare with Springfield or Colt as to costs, reliability, and parts replacement or interchangeability?
OH, almost forgot--those sure are purdy. I think Alleybabe beat you out. In this case, I like the "bling".
Del
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2010, 07:00 AM
Well, they are not Kimbers, or S&W or Springfields for that matter, but I did a lot of research on them before I settled on getting them, and I didn't find anything majorly bad about them.

They are made in the Philipines using original Colt 1911 tooling (so I am told) by a company called Armscor. The finish is probably not as good as the more expensive brands, and the grips, though they look nice, lack checkering.

What people love about the RIA guns is that they are so customizable, you can get parts everywhere you can get 1911 parts (they are interchangable as far as I know), and people buy them for the soul purpose of customizing.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
05-23-2010, 10:06 AM
If that's the case---you got yourself a heck of a deal.
Del
05-26-2010, 03:31 PM
New Grips. Well new grips for her, new OLD grips for mine. Her grips are Pachmayr grips, and really, really sweet! Mine are old Colt Korean War (or there abouts) grips. Just cool, in my opinion. They will do until I find the fancy grips I want for this gun.

[Image: Both1911-1.jpg]

[Image: Both1911-2.jpg]

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
05-26-2010, 03:32 PM
And now the glamour shots. Here's hers:

[Image: Her1911-grips-1.jpg]

[Image: Her1911-grips-2.jpg]

[Image: Her1911-grips-3.jpg]

[Image: Her1911-grips-4.jpg]

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
05-26-2010, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2010 03:34 PM by alleydude.)
And mine. Again, nothing fancy, just a vintage GI look!

[Image: His1911-grips-1.jpg]

[Image: His1911-grips-2.jpg]

[Image: His1911-grips-3.jpg]

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
05-27-2010, 01:32 AM
All I got to say is WOW. Those grips totally gave Alleybabe's gun a different character and makes the gun just totally correct. Ken, if ya really want to be cool, go like Gen. Patton did with his sidearm---PEARL grips. Character plus "PAZZAZZ". I like the Colt grips, and I'll bet they feel better than that slick wood(sure look better), but you're right--just not quite there.
Del
08-05-2010, 08:27 AM
(05-27-2010 01:32 AM)Delbert Wrote:  All I got to say is WOW. Those grips totally gave Alleybabe's gun a different character and makes the gun just totally correct. Ken, if ya really want to be cool, go like Gen. Patton did with his sidearm---PEARL grips. Character plus "PAZZAZZ". I like the Colt grips, and I'll bet they feel better than that slick wood(sure look better), but you're right--just not quite there.
Del

I love my Rock. Best bang for the buck you can get. I have the parkerized one, but your wife's is really sweet! Might have to get me one of those.

Thumbup2