1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smith and Wesson Model 19-2
04-20-2010, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 08:03 PM by alleydude.)
Smith and Wesson Model 19-2
A few weeks ago we stopped at a area sporting goods store. In the display case was a Smith and Wesson revolver. She indeed was beautiful and felt very comfy to the hand. The gun was not heavy or bulky. The caliber was 357 mag that was good news,since hubby already had a 357.

But, I was committed to already look and maybe buy the Taurus 9mm. So i left the store without it. I bought the Taurus and still kept thinking about the Smith and Wesson. Well, i went and put the gun on layaway.

Several weeks later i picked her up. I took her to the range and what a great weapon. The trigger pull is extremely easy. The grip is wood with checkering. I hit the target a few times. The model is 19-2 which dates to the early to middle sixties. It has wear in normal places when being pulled in and out of the holster. I did some research as to the gun's use. Many we used as service revolvers in the miltary and Law Enforcement.

The gun came with a holster and 2 speedloaders in a case. Sure wish i knew the complete history of that gun! I am looking foreward to many great times at the range with her.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2010, 08:42 PM
RE: Smith and Wesson Model 19-2
Good post, Babe. Of course, thanks to you I now have S&W envy.

You're not supposed to buy kewler guns than me!

Rocketwhore

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2010, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2010 09:13 PM by alleydude.)
(04-20-2010 08:42 PM)alleydude Wrote:  Good post, Babe. Of course, thanks to you I now have S&W envy.

You're not supposed to buy kewler guns than me!

Rocketwhore

Thanks, Hey i like kool guns! lol
04-21-2010, 09:06 AM
Ya scored a very fine pistol there AlleyBabe. Good eye for quality. For a revolver gun, the S&W is probably the best in the World.
Del
04-21-2010, 09:20 AM
(04-21-2010 09:06 AM)Delbert Wrote:  Ya scored a very fine pistol there AlleyBabe. Good eye for quality. For a revolver gun, the S&W is probably the best in the World.
Del

I am certainly not an expert by any means. I really like the revolver it definately has character. Thanks Delbert for the kind words.
04-21-2010, 11:07 AM
That is a cool lookin pistol, I am envious now also. That thing is dripping with old-school character, it had to be the best lookin target shooter at the range. This is a very effective close quarters weapon, at what range were your targets?

Can you shoot .38 special out of it also?

Cool get...
04-21-2010, 06:55 PM
We were shooting at the 7, 10, and 12 yard targets. Lots of fun! AR15firing

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Go to the S&W website. They have a department that will send you a letter containing the history of your gun -- as much as they have on file -- for a research fee of $50.00. Maybe they can tell you what police dept or gov't agency first used it.
05-02-2012, 08:28 AM
(04-29-2012 11:26 PM)macqnj107 Wrote:  Go to the S&W website. They have a department that will send you a letter containing the history of your gun -- as much as they have on file -- for a research fee of $50.00. Maybe they can tell you what police dept or gov't agency first used it.

Great to know information. Thanks for the help!

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!