1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Itsy Bitsy Taurus
03-20-2010, 02:23 PM
Itsy Bitsy Taurus
Well, the wife got an itsy bitsy Ruger LCP, I decided to get an itsy bitsy Taurus TCP, also in .380. This gun is also a great shooter, and in my opinion is just a little better value than the Ruger in that it comes with an extra mag and a nice little holster bag. Both this and the Ruger are virtually identicle in operation, both disassemble the same way, but the Taurus has just a little lighter trigger pull.

Nice gun, I like it.

[Image: tcp-1.jpg]

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2010, 12:15 AM
RE: Itsy Bitsy Taurus
Wow, you go from a Rotweilor with the 450, down to a Min-Pin with the 380. All you need now is a couple derringers to strap on your ankles and you'll be well dressed for cocktails----"The name's Dude, Alley Dude". LOL
Del
Find all posts by this user
03-21-2010, 06:11 AM
(03-21-2010 12:15 AM)Delbert Wrote:  "The name's Dude, Alley Dude". LOL
Del

Oh my Gawd I busted a gut on that one. Good thing I didn't have coffee in my mouth!

Roflblack

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
05-07-2013, 02:05 PM
(03-20-2010 02:23 PM)alleydude Wrote:  Well, the wife got an itsy bitsy Ruger LCP, I decided to get an itsy bitsy Taurus TCP, also in .380. This gun is also a great shooter, and in my opinion is just a little better value than the Ruger in that it comes with an extra mag and a nice little holster bag. Both this and the Ruger are virtually identicle in operation, both disassemble the same way, but the Taurus has just a little lighter trigger pull.

Nice gun, I like it.

[Image: tcp-1.jpg]

Do either of the guns have a saftey? I would like to get one about that size.
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
First off, welcome to the forum! To answer your question, neither have an actual safety. The safety is that the trigger has a long pull that isn't easily accidentally pulled. It almost feels unnatural, until you get used to it. The Taurus is the only of the two that the slide locks back after the last round, so when you empty the gun you will have to rack the Ruger fully to get the first round into the chamber.

Hope this helps, and again...

Signwelcomespin

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
05-16-2013, 12:36 AM
Welcome aboard PackenPrincess.
If you find that the Taurus 380 doesn't fit the bill you're looking for. Look at a Bersa 380. They have 3 or 4 different models in the lineup, from plain black to a duo-tone in polished and black. I got my Wife a Bersa Delux 380(holds 9rds instead of 7) and she loves it. I like it too. Yes, if you need a "safety" it has one. It also acts in a dual purpose, as a Double Action and Single Action modes.

Del