1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
GUN SHOW TIME!
03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
GUN SHOW TIME!
Yeah Buddies, Went to the show today, seen lots of stuff that I wanted but it was lots of stuff just outta reach of my wallet. Seen some rifles that would of went well with my collection but I was on a mission and it didn't look like I was goin to walk out of this show with a gun at all for a while... Until we spotted this little beauty propped up way over in a dark corner:

[Image: 100_1969.jpg]

[Image: 100_1967.jpg]

[Image: 100_1972.jpg]

It is a Remington model 514 bolt action .22 and we scored it for 100 bucks.
Picked up some Remington sub-sonics on the way home and fired off half of the box out in the garage tonight. At 11 yards this thing is dead-on accurate, can't wait to shoot it at some distance next.

Biggun
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2010, 12:35 AM
RE: GUN SHOW TIME!
Very nice find. Is this rifle a target model? It seems to have a longer barrel for a gun of this period than I've seen before.
Del
03-15-2010, 05:55 AM
That's a cool old 22! Love the long barrel, I bet that thing would snipe zombie squirrels at 100 yards!

From what I've found, that model was made between 1948 and 1971. I also found this:

http://www.remingtonsociety.com/question...OWDERX.htm

Maybe that will tell you the exact year that puppy was produced...?

Good score, I love old guns like that.

Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
According to what I could find, it is from 1953, Thanx for the link Ken Thumbup2