1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TRUGLO red-dot scope review
02-27-2010, 06:29 PM
TRUGLO red-dot scope review
If you're like me and HAVE NEVER, or have little experience with red-dot scopes, this is a review of a TRUGLO "Red-Dot" model #TG8030B. I choose this scope because of a couple reasons and it will go on a 9mm carbine rifle.
1: If you choose a scope for a tactical type rifle a red-dot scope is the way to go. This is because you can KEEP BOTH EYES OPEN. I like this feature over a regular rifle scope in that a tactical gun, even if highly accurate, generally has a spraying of bullets because you(the shooter) usually just keeps pulling the trigger, and the natural recoil of gun. With both eyes open you can see where those bullets are hitting. You however do have the ability to just close one eye if you want to and are not in a tactical situation. Most of these scopes are sized for the WEAVER type scope bases which are the "standard" of rifle/pistol/picanny scope bases. Some 22 caliber rifles come with 3/8 type bases so pick your red-dot carefully for the type of base that it comes with.
2:There's lots of choices out there when it comes to a "DOT" type scope. Just remember that if you choose one with more features, like 2-color dots, or more than one recticle, everytime you switch to the different dot or recticle, you WILL NEED to readjust your point of impact as there will be variances in "point of impacts".
3: This scope is a 30MM type which gives a larger "field of view" over a 1" type scope.
4: The reostat(dot brightness control) has 11 numbers to choose from, and I used this scope on an extremely bright day and the dot showed up bright and precise. At night you will be able to see the red dot at a lower setting, so you won't need to place the control on as high a setting, which in turn won't give a washing out of the target when looking through scope.
5:This scope came with "spring-assisted flip open" lens caps which are removable, but if needed for those inclement weather times you'll be glad you have them, even if scope is fogproof and waterproof and has life-time warranty.
6: Scope is made for shotguns, handguns, rifles, muzzleloaders, paintball,and crossbows. So this scope will take punishment which benefits a tactical semi-auto gun very well.
7: This scope cost between $45 to $75 depending where purchased, but for the cost's I feel it is a good purchase for what you get.
8: It has plenty of vertical/horizonal adjustment to get you on target, whether it's from 5yds to 500yds. I did not do a total adjustment of the knobs to just see how many it gives you, but I believe you'll find that there are enough to get any rifle to hit target. Providing rifle hasn't been modified by a tree to shoot around corners.
8: The lens used for scope are "FULLY MULTICOATED" which will give you better light transmission at 95% which is the best available at this time for a good scope.
There ya have it. A moderately priced scope that's good for virtually every gun you may have in your arsenal(except the largest magnums or BRM50 caliber). So unless you're with the Police or Swat type teams and just a simple person looking for something good to put on that simple rifle, this will be a scope worth looking at.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2010, 05:11 PM
RE: TRUGLO red-dot scope review
I have a TruGlo scope on my Ruger and I really like it. For the price they can't be beat. If I were really serious, I would probably spend more money and get a better one, but for what I do it is just fine.

Great write-up, Del. Thanks for sharing!

Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-28-2010, 11:23 PM
RE: TRUGLO red-dot scope review
I have only bought the cheaper red-dots (BSA), but I will try one of these next.
Really good review Delbert! Makes me want to go buy one right now...
Find all posts by this user