1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Picked this one up today...
02-19-2010, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 12:45 AM by gnepig.)
Picked this one up today...
... Well it just showed up at my work actually:

[Image: 100_1952.jpg]

[Image: 100_1959.jpg]

It is the No.15 Empire Ejector by the Crescent Firearms Co. A 12 ga single shot with about a 27 1/2 inch barrel. It's well worn in and rusty as get-out (yep, that red tint is rust). I paid a little more for it than I wanted to, but my uncle needed the money... As soon as I find out how many of these things were made and how cheap they really sell for (and if it even works), I think I may make it a little more tactical.
Biggun
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2010, 05:39 AM
RE: Picked this one up today...
(02-19-2010 12:42 AM)gnepig Wrote:  ... Well it just showed up at my work actually:

[Image: 100_1952.jpg]

[Image: 100_1959.jpg]

It is the No.15 Empire Ejector by the Crescent Firearms Co. A 12 ga single shot with about a 27 1/2 inch barrel. It's well worn in and rusty as get-out (yep, that red tint is rust). I paid a little more for it than I wanted to, but my uncle needed the money... As soon as I find out how many of these things were made and how cheap they really sell for (and if it even works), I think I may make it a little more tactical.
Biggun

Sweet! Do you know what vintage that is? Looks pretty old. When I see a gun in that condition I just drool. I am not the shiny new, gotta be sparkly kind of guy. I might try to clean some of the rust and grime off it, but all the scratches and tarnish just make that gun more interesting. If it were all nice and new it would just be another gun. And you wouldn't get uptight about shooting the piss outta it.

Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
I gotta tell ya, in my eyes that's a beautiful gun there. Stock looks to be walnut with some birdseye marbleing to it which gives it a warm 3D effect. With a barrel that long, it's gotta be a duck or goose gun. I love it. I would however take it to a good gunsmith/dealer to get an estimate of worth before doing anything to it, and let them say what would be the best thing to help the metal from getting anymore rusting effects. If it's just a good ole gun that's not worth much, then take some 0000 steel wool to metal and oil the heck out of it. That wood is a joy to look at--even with a few scratches.
Del
02-21-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanx for your approval men, I have been lookin for a single shot 12 gauge to mess with. Everywhere I've been looking pretty much states that I have paid way to much for this one. Crescent Arms made these guns by the millions to be sold at hardware stores everywhere for the cost of $25. The approximate value of one of this manufacturers guns is from $25 to $100 depending on the condition. If this one shoots, it might be worth 50 bucks...
Sold by the millions means they will never be worth much, but it's also good news= should be able to find used parts cheap.

I like the patina of the stock and forgrip also, a little furniture polish is all I'm planing to do to those. But before I do anything I'm going to test fire it= make sure it works....
Then the rust is real thick, so a good sanding is in order, then the cold blueing that I had learned how to do on another gun, will bring back an original looking finish on the metal. Next I think that I want to saw the barrel off down to 20 inches (since the BB on the front has been knocked off anyway) and a set of rifle sites of some sort will be added. Then I'm thinkin a sling and shell holder would make it more practical.

But then, I might just leave it the f**k alone, it is a neat lookin gun just like it is, we'll see what I think tomorrow...
02-21-2010, 11:27 AM
You paid too much for it---Hell No!! They don't make those guns anymore, no matter what some gun dealer says. I'll bet it's better made than a $1500 Benelli. Just think of it as a Mosin Nagant---it's ugly, too long to be a brush gun, but it shure does shoot.
Del