1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Valkyrie
02-15-2010, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2010 05:29 PM by alleydude.)
Valkyrie
Anybody seen this? Now, I am not a big Tom Cruise fan, but I am a history fan and I really wanted to see this. Though the history part is pretty good, and I believe it is pretty close to factual, the part that bothers me is that none of the Germans sound, well, German. Tom Cruise could have come straight out of the Top Gun Academy or something.

I think back to Hunt For Red October, where Sean Connery starts out speaking Russian with subtitles and it just BLENDS into English. A very cool effect and it convinces you that even though you are hearing English, they are still really speaking Russion but for the sake of the story it is now "pre" translated for you.

Valkrie, on the ther hand, gives you the feeling that these are American spies trying to kill Hitler, not Germans doing the dirty work.

For this main reason, I only give it a Thumbup . Worth seeing, but just a bit diappointing.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2010, 07:42 PM
RE: Valkyrie
Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my "to purchase" list. From the movie's trailers, it makes it seem that this is based on some sort of facts or government spy co-op, is that correct?
Del
Find all posts by this user
02-15-2010, 08:33 PM
RE: Valkyrie
(02-15-2010 07:42 PM)Delbert Wrote:  Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my "to purchase" list. From the movie's trailers, it makes it seem that this is based on some sort of facts or government spy co-op, is that correct?
Del

It is based on a true story, but it was Germans trying to overthrow their own government. It's quite interesting dispite what I consider it's flaws.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user