1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Do You Think? Should I Use It?
02-13-2010, 02:57 PM
What Do You Think? Should I Use It?
Well, after the interest here on FPG for Daisy BB Guns, and searching the Net for a dedicated site (and finding none), I started thinking that there might just be a place on the Net for Daisy collectors, enthusiasts, and general Daisy nutcases.

So I went and registered http://www.daisycollectors.com though I am curious just how much traffic and interest it might generate?

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2010, 11:59 AM
RE: What Do You Think? Should I Use It?
I like the idea, but do you really want to just cater to Daisy collectors? You would get SO MUCH more traffic if you opened a website up for collectors and user's of all makes/models of BB and Pellet guns. True that Daisy is a beloved gun for many generations, but I think you're limiting yourself and the website, with just only one product. I can help with ideas, if needed.
Del
Find all posts by this user
02-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I agree. My only thinking is that there are a number of great airgun sites out there already, and the Daisy, at least the Red Ryder and similar guns are a different breed and different thought process over the high powered target pellet rifles.

I searched the Net and found nothing Daisy specific short of the official Daisy website.

Granted, those that love Daisy's may not account for enough traffic to warrent this website, but I wanted to shag the domain anyway.

Curious to see what gnepig has to say.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
02-19-2010, 01:48 AM
(02-14-2010 12:15 PM)alleydude Wrote:  I agree. My only thinking is that there are a number of great airgun sites out there already, and the Daisy, at least the Red Ryder and similar guns are a different breed and different thought process over the high powered target pellet rifles.

I searched the Net and found nothing Daisy specific short of the official Daisy website.

Granted, those that love Daisy's may not account for enough traffic to warrent this website, but I wanted to shag the domain anyway.

Curious to see what gnepig has to say.

Wow, I'm away for a minute and the place grows new forums and gets new web sites... hmm
I like it, I'm wondering how many people like there BB guns enough to hang out and talk about them... Well you and I do anyway and Del is about to bust off of that $29 bucks for him a new Red Ryder Carbine any day now, so there's gotta be more than just us three big kids out there who are still playing with BB guns.
This could be a new nich.

Going to sign up next chance I get.
02-19-2010, 05:52 AM
(02-19-2010 01:48 AM)gnepig Wrote:  Wow, I'm away for a minute and the place grows new forums and gets new web sites... hmm
I like it, I'm wondering how many people like there BB guns enough to hang out and talk about them... Well you and I do anyway and Del is about to bust off of that $29 bucks for him a new Red Ryder Carbine any day now, so there's gotta be more than just us three big kids out there who are still playing with BB guns.
This could be a new nich.

Going to sign up next chance I get.

Yeh, been quiet around here without you, but Del and I have been holding down the fort.

Didn't know if I wanted to start another site, but I just can't let a good domain name go to waste. Somebody'g gotta do it, and if no one else is going to, they by God I WILL.

That's how THIS site came to be. No one else was going to do a free online Firearms Price Guide, so I had to do it myself. So there! Spank

So anyway, with DaisyCollectors.com, once it get's picked up in Google then we'll see if it goes anywhere. I won't spend a lot of my time on that site, I really want to see this site take off. This site gets THOUSANDS of visits a DAY, yet I can't get more than you two and myself to post on the boards. I know there are a LOT of great gun forums out there, but this one seems just a bit different. Not so technical, less snooty, less "My gun is better than your gun" BS.

At least so far, anyway.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
02-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Hey Ken, are there any cousins under a different name that is held by Daisy, and are(will) those guns also a part of your new Daisy domain? I was at Cabela's and Bass Pro the last couple days and I saw some cool Pellet/BB guns that I wouldn't mind in my arsenal. I saw Stoeger, Hammerlini, Ruger, Remington, Daisy, Benjamin, Anschutz and some others. Man, there's some quality air rifles out there nowadays.

Del
02-21-2010, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 02-21-2010 01:06 PM by gnepig.)
Quote:
"Hey Ken, are there any cousins under a different name that is held by Daisy,"

Daisy also makes a line called Avanti, they are competition type pellet rifles. Check out this Daisy Avanti lever action gun, supposed to be the most accurate BB gun in the world:
http://www.airgunsbbguns.com/Daisy_BB_Gu...nti499.htm

I wonder what makes it better than the Red Ryder and why it's gotta be muzzle loaded?
I deffinately want to try out those Avanti Diablo pellets.
02-21-2010, 01:06 PM
Interesting. Strange though, the muzzle velocity is only about 2/3's that of the Red Ryder (240fps vs. 350fps.).

I dunno, that Red Ryder is mighty accurate from my experiance.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
02-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Yes, the only differences I could see from the specs are the overall length (the Avanti is a little longer), and the Avanti has a magnet to hold the BB until fired. Maybe there is a difference in build tolerances/quality. Not made in China?

Oh yeah, back to the topic-ish, I have joined up at your Daisy site. Thumbup