1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Heart's a THUMPIN'
02-10-2010, 12:18 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 07:00 AM by alleydude.)
Heart My Heart's a THUMPIN'
I'm not one to fall in love with the "BLACK GUNS", but I think I found a "little thumper" that has got me to thinking about getting one for those days when I want something a little larger.Rocketwhore It's a Hi-Point carbine model 9TS(NOTthe 995 carbine). This thing has all the coolness, decent price, and comes in 9mm, 40S&W(March of 2010) or 45ACP(May of 2010). I was thinking about the soon to be available 40S&W as a cool home defense weapon or for deer season in heavy thickets, but I wouldn't be shy to get the 9mm. What's you all say? The 9mm is available now at Cabela's. I've checked out reviews on this thing, and it appears to be a huge hit, very good reviews and EXCELLENT WARRANTY. I know the AR15, Bushmaster guys don't like them because it doesn't cost over $1000, but you can kill a rabbit with a stone, just as good as using a $5000 50cal BMG.Roflblack Check these bad boys out. Trying to talk the Wifey into it now. Del AR15firing
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-10-2010, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 07:18 AM by alleydude.)
RE: My Heart's a THUMPIN'
(02-10-2010 12:18 AM)Delbert Wrote:  I'm not one to fall in love with the "BLACK GUNS", but I think I found a "little thumper" that has got me to thinking about getting one for those days when I want something a little larger.Rocketwhore It's a Hi-Point carbine model 9TS(NOTthe 995 carbine). This thing has all the coolness, decent price, and comes in 9mm, 40S&W(March of 2010) or 45ACP(May of 2010). I was thinking about the soon to be available 40S&W as a cool home defense weapon or for deer season in heavy thickets, but I wouldn't be shy to get the 9mm. What's you all say? The 9mm is available now at Cabela's. I've checked out reviews on this thing, and it appears to be a huge hit, very good reviews and EXCELLENT WARRANTY. I know the AR15, Bushmaster guys don't like them because it doesn't cost over $1000, but you can kill a rabbit with a stone, just as good as using a $5000 50cal BMG.Roflblack Check these bad boys out. Trying to talk the Wifey into it now. Del AR15firing
http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/

Those are pretty cool! So what is the retail on one of those? I know their handguns are significantly less expensive than comparable guns.

I'd say F~~~ the "my gun is better than your gun" people. Some people DON'T have more money then sense, and unless someone can give solid, unbiased reasons for not getting one, then I say go for it!

Thumbup2

[edit] Found one on GunBroker.com. Man, that's CHEAP (read inexpensive)!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...=157213261

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2010, 04:31 PM
Now ya know what I'm talking about with being "decent price". What's cool about it also, is IF YOU DO have any problems with it and send it back into Hi-Point for ANY work, when you get gun back--you'll find an extra magazine included for your troubles. NOW HOW COOL of a warranty is that? As I said. The reviews on these things have been very positive. I read one warranty review where an owner disassembled his(used) carbine to clean it up and noticed some scuff marks on the action portion and the bolt seemed a little gritty, and sent the whole gun in(with money for postage/handling) and the Company repaired in 2 weeks and he got gun back with everything NEW, except the barrel. Now that's what I call customer service. The warranty goes with gun and is guaranteed for life--no matter how many people have owned gun before you. Apparently, the WHOLE GUN is made and manufactured in USA(Ohio).
Del
02-10-2010, 09:32 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2010 09:34 PM by gnepig.)
Hell yeah, I'd have one of those! Cool lookin gun, I think I'd have one in 9mm= ammo is cheaper and easier to find.
This one is about $100 less at Cabela's:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templa....jsp.form1
02-11-2010, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2010 12:19 AM by Delbert.)
That's the one I'm trying to talk my Wife into Gnepig.
It doesn't come with the cheap BSA reddot and flashlight that some people try to sell with it to raise price up(150% more than what they're worth). I'll purchase my own lazer/flashlight/reddot(or scope) system and have a better outfit, than what Gunbroker auctions off.
Del

Sorry, I see that Gunbroker is selling it with lazer and compensator(flash hider).