1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
need price for rifle
01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
need price for rifle
Hey guys,
I was wondering if anybody could give me a estimated price on a 1976 winchester model 94 30-30 lever action rifle. It is in good cond. Any help or advice you can give would be helpful. looking to sell so I can buy an AR15
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2010, 08:22 AM
RE: need price for rifle
(01-31-2010 12:04 AM)Jkm966 Wrote:  Hey guys,
I was wondering if anybody could give me a estimated price on a 1976 winchester model 94 30-30 lever action rifle. It is in good cond. Any help or advice you can give would be helpful. looking to sell so I can buy an AR15

First off, welcome to the FPG! Glad to see new members pop up. As for your question, I have the Winchester Model 94's listed in the price guide now:

http://www.firearmspriceguide.com/index....age=search

Without more information about your gun, there is no way to be more specific about it's value. How about posting a picture? Thumbup2

Again, Signwelcomespin

Cheers

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2010, 04:18 AM
Just my humble opinion, but I feel a conflict in purpose here. Ar-15 is a nice rifle for light work, but really not suited for game hunting at long range. Can it do it? Yea, but not well, and not as your first rifle. IMO, you need a .22 LR, work at 100 yards until you can reliably hit a lid from a 20 ounce drink. Then move to a long-range caliber like .308.

acekard ds
03-08-2010, 06:28 AM
(03-08-2010 04:18 AM)maxcreigs Wrote:  Just my humble opinion, but I feel a conflict in purpose here. Ar-15 is a nice rifle for light work, but really not suited for game hunting at long range. Can it do it? Yea, but not well, and not as your first rifle. IMO, you need a .22 LR, work at 100 yards until you can reliably hit a lid from a 20 ounce drink. Then move to a long-range caliber like .308.

I can't see getting rid of a lever action anything for an AR, but that's just me. Personally, I would keep the Winchester 94 and save up just a bit longer to get the AR-15.

If you sell one, you'll never end up with one of each! Biggun

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2010, 06:33 AM
I am pretty much just looking for a plinking rifle. Something to maybe go out and get a few coyotes and rockchucks with.
Nothing for big game. I have 30-06 that I use for deer so that is taken care of.

Biggun
03-08-2010, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2010 05:01 PM by alleydude.)
(03-08-2010 06:33 AM)Jkm966 Wrote:  I am pretty much just looking for a plinking rifle. Something to maybe go out and get a few coyotes and rockchucks with.
Nothing for big game. I have 30-06 that I use for deer so that is taken care of.

Those AR15 have a lot of followers and parts available to them and they hold their value well, BUT as to being cheap plinkers---NO WAY. All parts for them cost an arm and leg with accessories, or even to repair. Too bad you wanna sell such a good gun. Might I offer a suggestion, for you to get a good little gun while keeping the Winchester and I'll guarantee you lots of fun and cheap thrills. Go take a look at the "new" Hi-Point 995TS model carbines in either 9mm/40S&W or the 45ACP which will come out soon. www. Hi-Pointfirearms.com -I have one in 9mm and it's a hoot to shoot and is cheap on ammo. They don't have as large of following as the AR group, but they're extremely reliable, good shooters up to 100yds, and the warranty is great. Not trying to steer ya from what you want with an AR, just offering a suggestion. Almost forgot, Welcome to forum.
Del
03-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Thanks debert,that's a great idea. I actually own a hi-point handgun and have gotten many years of good shooting out
Of it. This is why I joined is for suggestions. So I will take a look at those and once again thank you. Jkm966
03-09-2010, 12:33 AM
JKM966, glad to of been of help. That's what we're here for. We're all gun nuts and we too have spending limitations. Also I have a few pics of myself and a 995TS doing a little plinking just after I got it, along with a couple reviews of said gun on this forum. Just look for miscellaneous gun area and you can see carbine. They are really good varmint rifles and home defense guns due to their size. What's also good about them is they have proven themselves to be reliable. Hi-Point also has a very informative forum on it's website.
Del