Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
looking for around about price
10-23-2009, 10:30 AM
looking for around about price
I was wondering what be good round about price would be for a Remington 700 VLS chambered in 6mm. It was lucky if it has 300 rounds thru it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2009, 02:21 PM
RE: looking for around about price
Welcome to the Firearms forum Adam33

I did the foot work the last time someone ask about a price and we haven't seen him again= maybe he didn't like what I came up with?= don't know...

That said, I will tell you how I do it and this is the basis for how I figure out a guns worth before I purchase and to respond to that other guy about the price of his Walther (see, I didn't just pull a price outta my @ss):
First I look up the website for the manufacturer and look up their suggested prices(unless it's antique, then skip this one).
Then I look up places that sell the guns new like Outdoor Sportsmans Guide and places like that (again, unless it's an antique).
I then check auction sites like Auctionarms.com and Gunsamerica.com to find out what prices people are asking for them secondhand. If you watch the auctions you can see what people are actually paying for them.
Then I check local gun shops to see what they are asking if they have said item.

I use the prices I gathered from this information for an average price/ worth and what people are paying for them.

I hope this helps and please let us know what you find out, I like those Model 700s, I have one chambered for .223. Thumbup
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply