1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ruger Air Hawk
10-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Ruger Air Hawk
I didn't know if I would like an air rifle or not, but when Wally World put these on sale cheap, I had to try one out. It shoots at 1000fps, which is just shy of that of a .22. Judging from what it does to pop cans, I know it could be great small game rifle.

It took some getting used to. Instead of a "Bang!" it goes "Phnunk" but it does the job, and is fairly accurate. I just have a cheap old scope on it, but I bet if you really wanted to fine tune it, a good scope and some time at the range and you could have a real killer at 50 or more yards.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2009, 09:29 PM
RE: Ruger Air Hawk
Yeah Buddy, this rifle is so bad you don't even let the kids play with it. Besides, that break barrel takes about 30 lbs of force to cock it.
The one the guy at the Walmart let me try had a recoil and report that was close to a .22! I almost bought it... My uncle sold me the one we have for 50 bucks and I haven't looked at another since. But yours has me lustin for another...
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
I didn't know Ruger had any airguns. Is it a single break, or pump-up? Is it made by Ruger, or imported with their name on it? My late Dad, had a Benjamin(I believe) and this gun looks like it. Haven't seen any of these at our local Walmart. Only Daisy, Remington, and a couple others and some are at 1200fps and even mounted with scopes.
Del
Find all posts by this user
10-14-2009, 05:58 AM
(10-14-2009 01:26 AM)Delbert Wrote:  I didn't know Ruger had any airguns. Is it a single break, or pump-up? Is it made by Ruger, or imported with their name on it? My late Dad, had a Benjamin(I believe) and this gun looks like it. Haven't seen any of these at our local Walmart. Only Daisy, Remington, and a couple others and some are at 1200fps and even mounted with scopes.
Del

It's just branded as Ruger, there are a whole slew of these guns branded by other gun manufactures. I don't know who the true maker of this gun is.

It is a single break action. It came with a scope as well.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user