1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ballester-Molina 1911
09-22-2010, 02:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2010 02:30 PM by alleydude.)
Ballester-Molina 1911
So we go to the local gun shop, just for the heck of it. There in the case is this 1911 that looks just a bit different from any other 1911. I as to look at it. The price tag is $499. I get talking to Ted the gun guy at the shop and he says he knows little about it, except he believes it was an Argentinian service issue gun.

The markings on it are:

Pistola Automatica 45ACP
Fabricada PCR "HAFDASA"
Patentes Internacionales
"Ballester-Molina"
Industria Argentina

Other than the serial number, that is all that is stamped on the gun.

Ted the gun guy said I could have it for $350. Not having the money on me, I utilized the "Can I put it on layaway" clause. Done!

So now I have this Ballester-Molina 1911 on layaway. When I got home I did some research and came up with this on it:

Mine looks just like this one, by the way: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballester-Molina

Here are some crappy camera phone pics of it...

[Image: hafdasa1.jpg]

[Image: hafdasa2.jpg]

Ken

Firearms Price Guide... For What It's Worth.
PistolStands.com Custom Pistol Stands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2010, 10:11 PM
RE: Ballester-Molina 1911
Looks like you found quite a storied pistol there Ken. Some of those S.American pistols are quite reliable and well made---Bersa, Taurus and now Ballaster-Molina. VIVA de REVOLUTION!!!
I like it and it seems to be just one of those guns you always seem to find out of the blue.
I found a Norinco 1911 at my local Pawn Shop, but at $400 I let them keep it. If they drop price down around to $325 I'll snatch it up.
Del
Find all posts by this user
09-25-2010, 09:57 PM
Very cool... Thumbup2 a person can never have to many 1911's in there collection. I wonder how easy it is to get extra mags for it or if others will work in it?
Do you already reload 45 acp?
09-25-2010, 10:05 PM
(09-25-2010 09:57 PM)gnepig Wrote:  Very cool... Thumbup2 a person can never have to many 1911's in there collection. I wonder how easy it is to get extra mags for it or if others will work in it?

From what I understand, any single stack Colt of Colt clone 1911 magazine will work in it. Even so, there are a bunch of Ballerina Molester magazines on GunBroker.com so getting them shouldn't be an issue.

Don't reload .45 ACP yet. I do have the dies, but still need primers and a suitable powder, and of course, boolits. Tongue

Ken

Firearms Price Guide... For What It's Worth.
PistolStands.com Custom Pistol Stands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-25-2010, 10:23 PM (This post was last modified: 09-25-2010 10:25 PM by gnepig.)
(09-25-2010 10:05 PM)alleydude Wrote:  
(09-25-2010 09:57 PM)gnepig Wrote:  Very cool... Thumbup2 a person can never have to many 1911's in there collection. I wonder how easy it is to get extra mags for it or if others will work in it?

From what I understand, any single stack Colt of Colt clone 1911 magazine will work in it. Even so, there are a bunch of Ballerina Molester magazines on GunBroker.com so getting them shouldn't be an issue.

Don't reload .45 ACP yet. I do have the dies, but still need primers and a suitable powder, and of course, boolits. Tongue

I like it, can't wait to read a shooting report and to see the lovely Mrs Alleybabe modeling with it ( but be careful man, remember what happen to the Mosin ). Thumbup