1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think about this 30-30
09-10-2010, 01:06 AM
What do you think about this 30-30
Went to Pawn shop today to see if they had any new(old) guns that were brought out from the back, and YES they did---however. It was a Winchester 94 30-30 made for Sears what looked around the 60's, which I know the 94's were still being built better than new ones. Serial number started with "V-503,xxx". Would go with my WesternField(M.Wards)30-30 very well as a companion, BUT. This rifle was dirty, unkept, neglected as all get out, and not much blueing on it, probably 50% condition, but the rifling and action were good considering condition. They were asking $250, but I know they'll take less--just don't know how much less. Do you think it would be worth picking up? Gotta check with a site to pin down the year better to see if it was built in 50's, 60's or later unless someone here knows.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2010, 06:54 PM
RE: What do you think about this 30-30
I think I would pass on it, but to be truthful, I don't know enough about the early 60's Winny's to make a good assumption.

Personally, I think you could probably do better for the money. I could be wrong...

Ken

Firearms Price Guide... For What It's Worth.
PistolStands.com Custom Pistol Stands.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-11-2010, 11:49 PM
RE: What do you think about this 30-30
Thanks, I went and relooked at it a little closer, and condition was more like 80%, but I think I'll pass. Pawn shop thinks just because it's near hunting season, that they'll get more for it.
Del
Find all posts by this user