1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
H&R shotgun
09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
H&R shotgun
I have an H&R shotgun that belonged to my father. He hunted with it a lot, so the stock is scratched, there is a some pitting on the receiver and the barrel has lost some blue.

It is a single-shot 12 Gauge.
The top of the barrel is marked 12 GA ChOKE

The markings on the left receiver are:
AT Feb 20 & 27 1900
PAT MAY 14 1900
Harrington and Richardson Arms Corporation
Wocester, Mass. USA
Pat Feb 20 & 27 1900

Serial number on the under side behind the trigger guard is 268054.

Can anyone tell me anything about the gun and it's value or where I might go to learn about it?

Thanks.
Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
RE: H&R shotgun
I don't know much about those H&R guns, other than they started in the 1800's, but I do know they were reliable, and built tough for the period. They were of the lower price compared to Parker, Fox, Remington and other shotguns, being as your's is just the single shot, but again I don't know much, and I believe they were bought out by NEF which I now believe is also a part of Rossi firearms. Try Graybeard Outdoors.com or Marlin Owners.com to start as they have a forum dedicated to the H&R. Sounds like a nice hand me down from your Dad. Also being of this age, I would also take it to a gunsmith and have them look it over for safety and possible parts, especially firing pin, hammer and trigger springs as they become weak over time. If you can, throw us out a picture, as we like old guns---Heck we like all guns here.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply