1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Couldn't Resist These Fellas
04-24-2010, 05:34 PM
Couldn't Resist These Fellas
            Wife and I went into town today to get a new sofa and chair for home and I decided to stop by Pawn Shop to see what specials they may of had, and I couldn't resist these 2 fellas.
Top pistol is a Hi-Point JCP in 40S&W that I got for meTongue and bottom pistol is a Bersa 380 DLX(deluxe) I told Wife I got for her(wink), yeah that's right I got it for herSpank.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-25-2010, 11:06 AM
RE: Couldn't Resist These Fellas
Not really thrilled about the Hi-Point pistol. I've held them and they feel like a Fisher-Price "My First Gun". They are just not for me. I've heard they shoot well, though.

Now the Bersa, I have looked at those and would not exclude them from my collection. They are cool looking guns, and seem to be quality made. I could see one finding it's way to my house one day. Your "wife" will probably love it! Roflblack

Ken

Firearms Price Guide... For What It's Worth.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2010, 01:51 PM
So how much did you pay for each? And how do they shoot?
Looks like the Bersa is a good size as to not rock your hand with the usual recoil that most .380s emit.
We had a pistol that fired the .380 once, it was small and would hurt your hand, felt like it was tryin to jump out of your hand and we couldn't hit a one gallon anti-freeze jug with it from 15' away = got rid of that sucker...
05-02-2010, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 07:26 PM by Delbert.)
The 40S&W shoots very well for being a so-called cheap gun. I think why most people don't like them is that they're not the prettiest girl at the dance, and they are on the large size, so bigger hands are a better fit for them. Also everyone talks about how plastic they are, but honestly they don't have anymore plastic in them nowadays than most guns costing more. Also a lot of people say they do nothing but jam. Well if you "limp-wrist" any semiauto pistol, it'll jam. As to cost I paid $135 for the Hi-Point. The Bersa, I haven't shot yet, as it took me a week to even find ammo for it. For some reason 380ACP is scarce on the shelves. I finally found some and bought 4 boxes, but weather prevented me from going out and doing any paper damage. I want Wife to feel comfortable with this gun before I'll let her try something like my 40. I paid $175 for the Bersa, as I got 2 guns and a few other things at Pawn shop so I got some pretty good discounts on what they wanted before the haggling. If weather holds out, maybe next weekend will be a go for some paper Zombies as I also want to bring along some other guns to zero in. Heck weather is nice right now, I think I step out back and fire off a couple rounds. Be right back.
Del
Stepped outback and threw 3 bullets into a Tree Zombie,Rocketwhore and I must say the Bersa380 has what feels to be more kick than the 40S&W. I think this is due to small size and weight difference and how one needs to grip it if you have larger hands. My Wife has arthritis in her wrists, so I hope it doesn't hurt her, but all 3 shots hit where I was aiming, so that was good. I like the Bersa, and it has a good feel, but it is made for smaller hands. It would be a great pistol for CCW with the right shoulder holster.Thumbup
Del