1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Golden Boy-O-Boy!
12-06-2009, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2009 08:25 PM by alleydude.)
Golden Boy-O-Boy!
We didn't plan on buying another gun right away, but sometimes you just gotta snag those good deals when you can.

Seems this poor guy had a fire in his house and some of his guns got a bit messed up. We went to Gander Mountain and looked through the used guns and low and behold was this poor Henry Golden Boy with some minor (in my opinion) pitting and blemishes.

The price tag was too good to believe... $199!!! These things retail for over $500!

Needless to say, it came home with me. The wife said it was an early birthday present. Cool!

What do you think? Did I do okay?

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2009 11:17 PM by CMIKES.)
RE: Golden Boy-O-Boy!
I'd say you did good. I have one of those myself, and love it. Very accurate and the smoothest action I have ever used. Pop cans at 50 yards are no problem.AR15firingThumbup2
Also don't forget their made in the USA.Thumbup2Thumbup2Thumbup2
Find all posts by this user
12-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I like this one too... seen one here at Dick's for about $499, I think you got a smokin deal Thumbup2
You can fix that rusty spot pretty easy, they sell the stuff right at your favorite gun shop. I will look at the brand name of the stuff I used when I go to the garage tomorrow.
Find all posts by this user
12-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Cool, I 'preciate it. Truth be told, I don't mind the history marks on my used guns. Maybe, though, I afraid it will turn out worse than when I started if I try to fix it up...? Doh

I dunno...

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user