1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
XL7L - My New Hunting Rifle
11-04-2009, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2009 08:47 PM by alleydude.)
RE: XL7L - My New Hunting Rifle
Finally got to the range today. Wow, what a nice shooting gun. I put two boxes of ammo through the barrel, wish I'd had more.

Here is a picture of the first five shots, at the 50 yard range;

And here is the first eight I took at the 100 yard range:

I still need more practice. That's it. More practice. Gotta get some more ammo...! Sniper

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2009, 10:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2009 10:12 PM by gnepig.)
Hey man, that's pretty good for a new to you rifle... When the holes touch each other like that means that it's a right on shootin gun! The spread is just you not being used to the rifle yet or you're distracted some from the cold.
Good shootin man Thumbup

Was it windy there today?
Find all posts by this user
11-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Not bad, not bad. Got a couple questions. How large in measurement is the bullseye--to get idea how close you really are to center? Are you using gun vise/sand bags or free shoulder to shoot? Otherwise, not bad for a new rifle that's not broke in. You'll get better with more rounds put through it.
Del
PS: like the rifle, but it makes me wonder as to why they checkered the fore-end and hand hold on a laminated stock--distracts from an already nice appearance.
11-07-2009, 10:17 PM
This was done resting on sandbags. As for the size of the target, I believe these are 12" targets. I am planning on going to the range again tomorrow, I expect to do better...AR15firing

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
11-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Took my son, my daughter (14-years-old) and her boyfriend to the range today. I spent most of my time helping the kids out, but I managed to take eight shots at 100 yards. Here is the results:

Look out deers!

Biggun

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
11-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Ya won't have any problems with dropping deer with that grouping. All 7 within the kill zone. Ya musta flinched with the flier I see? Just 6 days away for opening Deer season here in Missouri with rifles. Can't wait.
Del