1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pics of Mother Load---Part 3
06-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Pics of Mother Load---Part 3

Found some Magazines and Clips(no Pic). Only one Mag was identified. It was for a 35 Whelen. Don't know what Rifles these go to, so any help is appreciated about them. Also for the Timney Trigger box. It said Model 70 on it. There was a (Stock) Trigger, Hammer, Springs in it. Guessing it's from a Model 70.    
What can you say, but WOW. 37MM Shell Casing with 1944 Date Stamped on Head. Also, I found a 12 Ga Shell that, in all my years have never see one like it. It is all plastic(except primer/steel shot). It is made by ACTIV.
Hope you enjoyed my little adventures in the Family Barn. Brought back lots of Reloaded Ammo. I'm not afraid to shoot, due to Dad(RIP) being a Gun Smith and knowing him to reload to Factory loads. Left back a large Box of empty Brass. I don't know what Calibers some are, and some that are identifiable like 348Win, 300RemMag, 30Carbine and others. Needless to say, I did bring home some good stuff to keep safe. Oh, who am I kidding. I'm gonna shoot this stuff and have some fun. Thanks Dad---Love You.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-28-2013, 06:36 AM
RE: Pics of Mother Load---Part 3
You're going to have a hell of a time finding a shell to reload that 37mm brass with. Then getting a gun to shoot it... Biggun

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Sure it's same as to how they make Jacketed Bullets for small Cannons/ Howlitizers/Tanks, nowadays. Wouldn't want to do it in my Basement, that's for sure.
Del
11-20-2013, 02:48 AM
Wow! That should keep you busy for awhile... Great find Del!
If you need to get rid of any of that .224 let me know, I'd buy the 63gr semi points.

If your AR's barrel has a rate of twist less than 1 in 9, then it would probably love some of those 70gr projectiles.
11-23-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks Gnepig. I've got a buyer in near future. Those 70gr were from when my Gramps had a 223 Bolt Action, and my Dad reloaded for him. Dad Also had a 22-250, so some of these .224 might of also been for that. We used to also do a lot of Coyote Hunting, so the small, fast calibers were a staple at our house. We killed Yotes for the Fur to sell to Reps, that resold to Military to line their Parkas with back in 60/70's.
I got a Friend that's getting into reloading and I'm selling to him when he gets set up.
Del
12-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Still a cool find, I hope you and your friend enjoy them. How bout some pics of the finished product when you get that round-to-it.

I find that the Lee Reloading book is very informative with very good start load data and seems to cover more brands of power than other books.