1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gun Prices
02-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Gun Prices
About gun prices ! Where is the shortage? I have heard this from several people who went to the DEALER'S and the Dealer's said they had to raise their prices cause of the shortage. Their talking out their cornholes! Don't they have gun on order? Don't they order ahead of time? ANY good business person who wants to stay in business knows to keep ahead of the game is to have PLANTY on hand. I know of one dealer who has made a fortune on stock piling ammo and selling it at higher prices cause of the so called shortage. My question is if the dealer is the one person ordering the supply then why is he charging us the consumer such a high price for it and saying there is a shortage? When he knows there is guns on the way.I believe in a fair price for everyone .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: Gun Prices
First off, welcome to the forum. I hear ya, prices are nuts! I have noticed that the big stores, such as Gander Mountain in our area have surprisingly NOT raised prices. They do, however, sell out immediately on whatever they get in.

Our mom and pop stores in the area are only raising a little bit. Can't really say they are scalping their product. Sometimes some of these smaller dealers are a victim themselves because their suppliers are usually smaller distributers that are in it for the money as much as the dealers, and will make an extra buck whenever they can. Some of these distrubutors let anyone with an FFL license sign up and buy, even if they don't have a brick and morter business.

It's crazy, I know. I hope things settle out or I will be spending weeks updating prices in the guide.

again, Signwelcomespin and thanks for the input.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-02-2013, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 10:18 AM by Peppergun.)
Wink RE: Gun Prices
Thanks for your Welcome. Seems like a good site to be on . Don't quite know how to work all the buttons but I will try.
02-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Welcome aboard Peppergun. Some smaller dealers out in boonies have the hardest troubles with getting in supplies, because they order smaller quanities(due to less space and money), and they, like us, get lots of supplies from the bigger box stores that have big contracts with the Distributors, so they're stuck and have to charge more, just to have some ammo or certain guns on hand. They know that if they don't have what is needed, they don't make a sale to feed their Family, and it's the Mom/Pop Stores that keeps the Rural Community going.
While the typical Farmers, Urbanites, Plinkers, and Target Masters see this happening to their favorite caliber, they load up on other supplies, and different Ammos to help with their supplies in other calibers they have, and it just keeps going in a vicious circle until there's a shortage of everything.
Gouging isn't right, but some People pay the prices, so it will continue, but I won't buy into it.
Me, I'm setting back and letting this crap calm down for now, and picking up a box or two of Ammo when I can, and leaving some for the next Person to enjoy getting. And not because of Ammo limits.
Del
03-13-2013, 05:22 PM
I have a friend with a colt army 1911 45 . he got it in 1953 and we need to know how much it is worth,anyone have any idea.
03-14-2013, 05:51 AM
(03-13-2013 05:22 PM)moiceman Wrote:  I have a friend with a colt army 1911 45 . he got it in 1953 and we need to know how much it is worth,anyone have any idea.

Hard to say with out a lot more information, but I paid $750 for my 1950. Hope this helps.

Signwelcomespin

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
01-31-2014, 07:50 AM
do you think $450 is a good price for a smith & wesson m&p 15-22?Thumbup2BiggunSniper
02-02-2014, 08:04 AM
First, welcome to the forum. As for the M&P-22, $450 seems to be what the going used asking price is around here. I think any black gun commands a premium. Doesn't seem worth it to me, but it is a S&W and they make some quality guns. Are you buying, or selling?

Signwelcomespin

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
02-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Welcome aboard Handgunharry. It seems a little high for being a 22LR, but being a S&W they rely on their name so they do get a slight premium. Now if purchasing to think you'll just swap out the Upper Assembly and turn it into an AR15 because it looks like one, you'll be disappointed due to the fact that an AR15-22 is a prioritary parts Gun. Turning an AR15 into a AR15-22 is doable, but not visa-versa due to the size of the Upper/Lower Receivers.
Now if purchase is just to do some good plinking/hunting, you'll have a great little Rifle to have fun with. Problem right now is finding the Ammo for it. That's what's scarce due to People going to WalMart/LGS and other Hunting Supplies and buying it out and reselling at gouge pricing.
Del