1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sears Model 54 Gun Show Find
03-24-2012, 01:14 PM
Sears Model 54 Gun Show Find
Went to a gun show today, and while there was a lot of eye candy most of everything was either over priced, or a good deal but out of my price range. The wife and I had made our circuit thought the entire place and decided to make a quick second sweep before leaving, when we saw this old girl sitting on a table all by itself (the dealer was selling mostly coins).

With a price of only $200 and what looked to be Winchester action, we took a chance and brought it home.

So after doing a little research, the Sears Model 54 is a store brand of the Winchester Model 94. It is chambered in 30-30. I am trying to find some way to date it, but am not having any luck. It has a lot of character, and I am looking forward to shooting it.

Here are some pictures:

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2012, 08:12 AM
RE: Sears Model 54 Gun Show Find
WOW, looking at the patina, with metal butt plate, I would say it's a PRE-64, and more likely made in the 50's as one doesn't get blueing worn off like that overnite. What a lucky find. Seller probably saw it as just a Sears lever action, and not knowing that it a true Winchester, but with a Store brand name. Is it my imagination, but that barrel looks to be around that 24" length, and if so, it's not a carbine, but what they would call a Mountain Gun if so. That's what my Grandpa called them. Beautiful rifle. Also glad you're still around as it's been ghostly quiet around here.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply