1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pics of Savage AXIS and Target
10-27-2011, 11:15 AM
Star Pics of Savage AXIS and Target
            Here's those pics of my Savage AXIS along with a couple target. I was shooting West to East with a light gusty 5 to 10mph wind coming from the North. First larger target was size of vitamin bottle around 3" across where I did initial scope zeroing from 15yds, then backing off to 25yds doing freehand after new Weaver Grand Slam scope rings installed, with scope set on 4 power. Next I measured off 50yds, which put me at a small tree with a nice fork in it to rest stock into, and scope now turned up to 16 power and shooting at left small target to get feel and finer scope adjustments, then moving to right target, which are size of Quarters for final shooting. I didn't do any scope adjustments with this target as wind and wanting to put rifle in shooting rest on solid table, but it'll do for now, as most game's heads are 5 times larger than a Quarter anyway. Dang hard trying to hit these smaller targets, with buttstock against shoulder/forearm in fork of tree and trying to pull trigger between heartbeats while standing. I guess not bad for an Old Man---HUH?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-28-2011, 10:11 PM
RE: Pics of Savage AXIS and Target
(10-27-2011 11:15 AM)Delbert Wrote:  Here's those pics of my Savage AXIS along with a couple target. I was shooting West to East with a light gusty 5 to 10mph wind coming from the North. First larger target was size of vitamin bottle around 3" across where I did initial scope zeroing from 15yds, then backing off to 25yds doing freehand after new Weaver Grand Slam scope rings installed, with scope set on 4 power. Next I measured off 50yds, which put me at a small tree with a nice fork in it to rest stock into, and scope now turned up to 16 power and shooting at left small target to get feel and finer scope adjustments, then moving to right target, which are size of Quarters for final shooting. I didn't do any scope adjustments with this target as wind and wanting to put rifle in shooting rest on solid table, but it'll do for now, as most game's heads are 5 times larger than a Quarter anyway. Dang hard trying to hit these smaller targets, with buttstock against shoulder/forearm in fork of tree and trying to pull trigger between heartbeats while standing. I guess not bad for an Old Man---HUH?

Those are some really nice groups and a really sweet gun. I look forward to your hunting reports resulting from using this gun.

Thanks for sharing!

Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-29-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks Ken. Already killed Groundhog with it using other scope rings, before changing over to these new ones, but pic on cellphone and not able to download, as don't have cell-internet capabilities, but I do have a picture for proof. This is a nice handling rifle---I really like it.
Del
Find all posts by this user
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Have you tried texting to your eMail address? I do that all the time, I just send the picture like I would with a text message, but I send it to my eMail address.

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user