1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Burris Scopes
02-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Burris Scopes
HOLY COW, my Wife just got me a Valentine's Day surprise that I never expected. She got me a PAIR---mind you, NOT ONE, but TWO, BURRIS scopes!!!! Now, do I have a Great Wife or what? I've been looking at some scopes for my lever actions for awhile now, and after reading about how Burris scopes are assembled and such great reviews, and now I have 2 of them, I'm so in Shooters' Heaven. The scopes She got me was a package deal, where you get a FullfieldII 3-9x40 with ballistics plex and you also get a Rimfire 3-9x40 with just plain heavy/fine crosshairs in the same box. I put the Fullfield on the 30-30 and the Rimfire on the 44mag. Now gotta get to the range to do some sighting in. Target pics at a later date, due to working graveyard.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2011, 11:54 AM
RE: Burris Scopes
I'd say you got yourself a keeper there. What a score! The wife says I get my present later this evening, though I don't think I will be posting any pictures of it... Roflblack

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Can't wait to hear how a "rimfire" scope holds up on a 44 mag. Usually rimfire indicates the need for low recoil. we'll see.
06-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Don't worry Mike, I decided to put that "Rimfire" scope on my Ruger 10/22 rifle, and put a Redfield Revolution 2-7x32 scope on my little 44Mag. It wasn't decided because it's called a "rimfire" only scope, it's because it's parallaxed at 50yds, and I zeroed my 44Mag in at 75yds. I wouldn't of been afraid to of putting this scope on my Rem 20ga shotgun.
This scope just happens to be named "Rimfire" by Burris, and isn't sold as a single unit. Only comes as a packaged deal. One reason is because both scopes are 3-9x40 and outside appearances are same. It can be used on anything up to a simulated 375 H&R that Burris uses for it's torture tests recoil methods of it's other scopes. It also happens to be made in China, BUT it's made as good as the regular Burris scopes, and it too has a "Lifetime Warranty". If you haven't seen it. Burris Website has a very nice "video tutorial" in the UNIVERSITY Learning area, where they show how they put their scopes together/torture testing/scope comparisons on internal components/etc. Quite informative.
Del
Find all posts by this user