1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have to say 3 Hail Dude's
11-03-2010, 03:14 AM
I have to say 3 Hail Dude's
Hail Dude-Thank You. Hail Dude-Thank You. Hail Dude-Thank You. You turned me onto lever actions. Walked into my local pawn shop and spied this little Marlin and handled it a couple times and said to myself " I can't, I shouldn't, and all the other words that I mustn't buy another gun. Well, I decided to go back into the pawn shop, after a couple weeks just to see what they had. Well, the little Marlin was still there, so I handled her again and put in some dummy rounds to test feed/eject issues. OH NO!! She won't feed or eject because everything in action was--SO DRY. I told the "little dear" to not worry, I would take her home anyway. So after haggling for a moment, we came to a figure I could live with. I figured that a little OIL would go a long ways after I got home, so I set down to do some spit and polish. Afterwards, I placed in a round and chambered it---GREAT SO FAR. Now, I rack the action with authority, and it sends the bullet 4 feet out the side. I redo the same again, and it loads/chambers/ejects PERFECT. So Dude, I walked into that pawn shop with no expectations, but walk out with a -----1978 Marlin 1894 Lever action in a hard to find 44 Magnum for $350. It's missing front sight cover and the action is missing the (4) scope base screws, but I'm not worried as I'm sure I can find these easily enough. Also some little nicks on the right side of action where it looks like other guns hit it with their bolts while in a gun safe. Sorry, no pictures yet as I just got home and cleaned her up, and Wife went to see Daughter in Minnesota and has camera. Maybe next week. Stopped by WalMart after work also and picked up some 240gr Winchester's to do some testing with over the weekend. I've always heard how great a 44 Magnum is in rifles(never tried one), but now I got one. Ya think I did good, for this model and caliber in a 90 to 95% condition?
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2010, 05:59 AM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2010 05:59 AM by alleydude.)
RE: I have to say 3 Hail Dude's
Awesome! Hail YEAH you did good! The 1894's are the sweatest of the sweat in Marlin lever guns. That square bolt is just too cool and slick. And 44 Rem Mag, that sucker packs a punch! You could take deer or pig with it no problem.

Now you just need an old wheel gun in 44 Rem Mag to compliment it.

Congrats, Del. You're gonna LOVE that little Marlin!

Thumbup2

Pichers, please.... Spank

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2010, 05:15 PM
RE: I have to say 3 Hail Dude's
(11-03-2010 05:59 AM)alleydude Wrote:  Awesome! Hail YEAH you did good! The 1894's are the sweatest of the sweat in Marlin lever guns. That square bolt is just too cool and slick. And 44 Rem Mag, that sucker packs a punch! You could take deer or pig with it no problem.

Now you just need an old wheel gun in 44 Rem Mag to compliment it.

Congrats, Del. You're gonna LOVE that little Marlin!

Thumbup2

Pichers, please.... Spank

So where are the pictures? Huh

Spank

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user