1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
any opinions as to value?
09-24-2010, 11:43 AM
Question any opinions as to value?
I have a Colt's PT. FA. Mfg. Co .380 Auto in exceptional condition as well as the original handwritten receipt from the dealer showing my father's purchase of this weapon in 1968. Does anyone have an opinion as to its value? Thanks for any input.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-24-2010, 02:07 PM
RE: any opinions as to value?
First off, welcome to the forum! Glad to have new members posting.

Now, as for this gun, is it a Mustang? Or something along the lines of a compact 1911? Post a picture and I could probably give you a better idea.

Again, Signwelcomespin

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-26-2010, 08:32 AM
RE: any opinions as to value?
(09-24-2010 02:07 PM)alleydude Wrote:  First off, welcome to the forum! Glad to have new members posting.

Now, as for this gun, is it a Mustang? Or something along the lines of a compact 1911? Post a picture and I could probably give you a better idea.

Again, Signwelcomespin

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm really enjoying all of the info in the forum and look forward to the expansion of the website. As for the Colt, it is a MK/IV Series '80, government model 380 auto. The serial # begins with RR. I hope that helps.

I'll try to post a photo soon. Unfortunately, we have to go camera shopping as my 4 yr old dropped my digital camera in the Rotweiller's water bowl Doh

As the daughter of a 35 year Suffolk County NY cop, I grew up with a familiarity and respect for S&W and North American Arms (for which my Dad had a great fondness); I didn't even know Dad had the Colt until he passed a few years ago. My husband is more familiar with the Colt and may be able to fill in a few blanks when he gets back from Prague.

Thanks again for any info. What a great community & resource!
Find all posts by this user