1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hiking With Guns
09-19-2010, 10:15 AM
Hiking With Guns
Well, we decided to go out small game hunting. The wife, my son and I ended up hiking with guns, as we call it, instead of actually hunting. It was fun anyway. Thought I'd post a couple pictures...

[Image: Hunting-2010-1.jpg]

[Image: Hunting-2010-2.jpg]

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-19-2010, 07:55 PM
RE: Hiking With Guns
Looks like a lot of fun. Getting excercise, fresh air and guns in hand. How cold is it there already--they have long sleeves and coats on?
Del
Find all posts by this user
09-19-2010, 08:01 PM
(09-19-2010 07:55 PM)Delbert Wrote:  Looks like a lot of fun. Getting excercise, fresh air and guns in hand. How cold is it there already--they have long sleeves and coats on?
Del

At that time of the morning it was about 40 degrees, but by the time we left it had warmed up to about 60.

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
09-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Wow, Junior is growing right up... Thumbup
I love a walk through the woods, used to go alot. Now I'd be trespassing through peoples back yards= no open woods here anymore. We'v gotta move!
Looks like fun, did ya come across any offensive soda/beer cans to plink at?
09-26-2010, 07:24 PM
(09-25-2010 10:39 PM)gnepig Wrote:  Wow, Junior is growing right up... Thumbup
I love a walk through the woods, used to go alot. Now I'd be trespassing through peoples back yards= no open woods here anymore. We'v gotta move!
Looks like fun, did ya come across any offensive soda/beer cans to plink at?

Johnny wanted to get off the two track so he heads into the woods about 50 yards or so, still within sight, and starts walking parallel to us. Next thing I hear is a "pop - pop". I yell over to him "You okay?".

"yeah, I saw one (squirrel) but didn't get it."

Yeah right. He just wanted to fire off a couple rounds. Roflblack

Ken

Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
09-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Well, can ya blame him? You're in the woods with a gun in your hands, so ya got to clear out the barrel of any cobwebs. Sure wish I was a young-in again.
Del
10-28-2010, 12:11 AM
I always interested specially this kind of activities..Friends you know A gun is the best tool if a hiking partner is being mauled.I was just wondering what everybody thought about hiking with a gun and how many of you do I know this can be a touchy subject.???
10-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Welcome Michel. Hiking with a gun in certain parts of your local area is very safe, of course what part of that Country determines how safe it is. If, let's say, in the woods of your "Hundred Acre" farm of Rural Kansas. Now, if in an area like Colorado, Montana, Arizona, and yes, even Kansas has Bob Cats and some reports of Mountain Lions, along with places back East where you have Mountain Lion, Bears, Big Foot, Rattler's and other creatures, especially those with babies. I wouldn't go near the woods without some sort of weapon. Even a 22 caliber gun is better than just a stick. Of course, there are areas, even in the dangerous areas that allow hiking, but have laws against firearms being allowed. Even if that's the case, I still would carry a pistol(easily accessible in backpack) just to be safe for my life or any of my family's life and if I had to use it, I would take the conscience afterwards, BUT at least I would be alive or of saved my Wife's, Daughter's, or Son's life. Think of it like this. If you own/or have owned a simple house cat, and had to give it medication or anything else and had to hold it, did you notice how strong/powerful and very maneuverable they were for a 6 pound animal? Now take that size, with claws 1-1/2 long and at 95 to 150 pounds and just think what damage it will do. Remember, this animal can/will take down a 600 pound Elk all by itself. There are some laws being changed now, to allow a sidearm into some National/local Parks because of this. Also because of "Bad People" that know this law and take advantage of helpless folk. Hope this has helped. Also thought of this---a big ole machete works great also, but something that can reach out and touch with better authority, is much better.
Del