1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I Had A Dream and It Came True!!!
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM
I Had A Dream and It Came True!!!
Had a dream last night(Saturday) and I awoke with great enthusiasm that I told my Wife and she said "LET'S GO". The where we went was to Bass Pro Shop. OMG, she was just as enthused as I was. Now, for a little breakdown of my dream--No, it wasn't a nightmare---it was great.
I had a dream that I was all dressed up with my gun and I was out shooting some turkeys--Not just one Turkey mind you, but lots of Turkeys. Let me tell you, when I told my Wife about this, I couldn't get the words out fast enough that I needed a shotgun(haven't owned a shotgun in 35 years) and She said--(mind you with a huge toothy smile on her face), as She's wanted me to go get some Turkeys for some time.
Well now we're in BPS and I check out some Mossberg's, Stoeger's, Remington's and Weatherby. Well, I start weeding them out, with what gauges they have IN STOCK, what aftermarket accessories available like changable chokes, barrels, stocks, etc. This ruled out Stoeger and Weatherby(nice guns, but what you see is what you get). This leaves the Mossberg and Remington. Mossberg was good and has a nice selection of accessories. Something just doesn't feel good to me when I shoulder it and the barrel is way too long--nothing wrong, just not my style and they didn't have barrel length or gauge I wanted in stock. This now leaves the Remington. They had a couple choices of stock in either black plastic or walnut stained laminate hardwood(looked nice actually), with a couple selections of barrel lengths, and as you know with Remington's, they have a huge following with aftermarket accessories. Well, I'm now a "NEW" Turkey(and anything else) hunter with a Remington 870 "Express" pump shotgun with 26" barrel in 20 gauge. I gotta have more "good" dreams. Pics following soon---I'm so stoked, and it's dark outside. To top it off, I also got 3 boxes of shells with light/average loads to break-in barrel/action to get my best yardage range, and a Turkey call box to practice my calls with. Gotta LOVE the Wife when they not just say yes---but, HELL YES.Thumbup2
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-2010, 12:18 AM
RE: I Had A Dream and It Came True!!!
Quote:
"Gotta LOVE the Wife when they not just say yes---but, HELL YES."

Sounds like you've got a keeper there Del... Congatulations on having an awesome wife and an awesome shotgun.

Tagged for awesome pics...
09-13-2010, 12:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2010 01:05 PM by Delbert.)
Couple pics of my new Child. I'm a happy Father.
Del        
Took the little lady out this morning to test reliability and fired off a couple shots. She did good with that new "FULL" choke at 30yds. Tomorrow I'll fire off a couple more rounds at a longer distance of 30 to 45yds to test pattern. Once I get distance down, I get box of Turkey loads to test pattern and keep breaking in the barrel and action. Then I'll install a scope mount(purchased a B-Square saddleback mount as gun isn't drilled and tapped) and "Red Dot"/or fixed power scope(need to pick one out). I think I picked a winner with this little shotgun.
Del
09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Did you buy the scope mount yet? I could sell you the Leupold saddle back scope mount that is on the 870 that we have now as we don't have any intentions of putting a scope/ dot site on it. We also have an Eotech lookin red dot site we could sell you too, if that's what you're lookin for. I'll PM you pics if you want.

Love the wood grain over the black! Awesome gun Thumbup2 , does the 20 gauge have much less recoil than a 12 gauge?
09-13-2010, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2010 07:38 PM by alleydude.)
Damn, Del, that's on perdy perdy gun ya got there. That's a sweet laminate stock! (Ya know I gots a weakness for laminate stocks, ya know).

Again, sweet shot gun. Thumbup2

Thumbup2 on the wifey too! Thumbup2

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Thanks Gnepig, I purchased the scope mount at store when I got gun, and now I have a CenterPoint "Red Dot" scope I put on last night when I got home from work. It looks good and I think it'll perform well also. Now, I need to put in some practice on that Turkey box.
The 20 gauge does have less recoil(this gun has a nice recoil pad), but the Turkey loads are a 3" shell with 1-1/2 oz powder which will give them a magnum load, plus with the heavy shot will make for a felt KICK.
Thanks Ken, when I saw the wood on this gun, I was rather pleased also. Glad ya like.
Del
09-19-2010, 07:36 PM
That's cool, had the stuff and thought I'd see if I could help...

So how bout some pictures of the the whole set up? And how awesome fast is that red dot site to find your target?
09-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Thanks Gnepig. The red dot is surprisingly awesome on this gun, and with the full choke, it patterns well at 25 to 30yds. I'm looking for a "Full-Full" choke for it now to help with reaching to that 40 to 45yd distance with heavier shot and 1 to 1-1/8oz powder load in 2-3/4 shells to see what the pattern is like. It's easy to see and quick to locate target with both eyes being used. Mostly point and pull trigger. I think I'll locate a Monte Carlo stock which has a cheek swell to move my head up a little higher off the factory stock, to give a more proper eye alignment with scope. I thought I found one yesterday at Cabela's, but alas, it was for a 12 gauge. Either that or locate a strap on cheek swell I've seen for shotguns. I'll throw up some pics soon.
Del