1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Budget Holster for 1911 or 92
09-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Budget Holster for 1911 or 92
I saw this at Wally World several weeks ago and wondered how it would work as a real world holster. It was certainly priced right at $6.99. It looked to have every bit of quality as an Uncle Mikes holster, for a fraction of the price. So today, I picked one up. Frankly, I wish I'd grabbed every one they had on the pegs.

This is a great holster for $7.00. It even has a place for a magazine (something that the bottom of the line, $15-20 Uncle Mikes holsters do NOT have). It secures snugly to the belt, has an adjustible snap strap, and fits both my 1911 and my Taurus 92. The only problem I have with it is that on my Taurus 92, the front site catches on the holster inhibiting a fast draw of the pistol. This might work itself out, I don't know yet.

Got a medium to full sized pistol? I highly recommend going to Wal Mart and snagging one of these Crossman holsters. Chances are, it will fit, and work (except for the High Points, I think they will be too large)!

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2010, 11:43 PM
RE: Budget Holster for 1911 or 92
That fits your pistols good. Actually over on the Hi-Point site, there's a few people that are recommending this holster. There is some modification that needs to be done to it to work. Just take a knife/razor/etc and cut a couple stitches at the bottom for the "fat" barrel slide's of the gun to fit and let the pistol and holster, mold to each other, for about a week and take a couple drops of crazy glue and seal up the stitching to keep from unravelling. They say it works, but I think I would just rather find a better holster to fit the gun rather than to save a buck and look tacky. That is a nice cheaper alternative holster though, and it looks to be well made. Certainly can't beat having the magazine pouch attached that you don't see with other holsters.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply