1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest). 1 Guest(s)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Couple Pics of Me and new HiPoint
02-26-2010, 04:30 PM
Couple Pics of Me and new HiPoint
        Got back from doing a couple things in Town, and weather was decent, so I got the Hi-Point out to throw out a couple rounds and get a couple pics. I guess you now have a face to go with name.
Del
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2010, 07:25 PM
RE: Couple Pics of Me and new HiPoint
Wow, looks better in person than in the pictures? Your pictures make it look better than in the ads. So far I like the looks, my next question would be how's it shoot? It looks to be so much fun that you are goin to need more than 100 rounds. Pending your review of said cool lookin firearm, just might git me one of those too... Yeah, we gotta gun show comming up.

Congratulations Del... Will that one fit in your gun-sack on the front of your ATV?
02-26-2010, 08:40 PM
That's awesome! Just put a bi-pod on it and lay it across the front of your ATV and you're good to go! Thumbup2

I bet it's a joy to shoot. 9mm and that recoil pad should make for a smooth shoot! Look forward to hearing what you think.

Cheers

Congrats on the new toy!

Ken

Firearms Price Guide...For What It's Worth.
Join Us On Facebook!
Check Out Our Blog!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2010, 12:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2010 12:45 AM by Delbert.)
It still doesn't quite shoot the way I want it to. For the pics, I hadn't even boresighted it. It had very little recoil, and with the way they have the hand grip for the trigger, it is very balanced and a person can/could shoot this gun one-handed, by tucking it either under, or around the crook of your elbow. This is the first red dot scope I've ever owned, and it'll take some getting use to, but so far I really like how it handles. I do need to get a shotgun shell carrier for the gun butt or the sling type to carry some more mags. Some people talk about a "stinging" one gets when they put their cheek on the stock(in the shouldering mode) and it will sting them when firing. I think what their experiencing is the Company's way they made the stock and how there is a saddle that joins the 2 stock halves in this area and when you shoulder the rifle your cheek splits between these 2 pieces and you get what is felt as a cut on the plastic's edging. You might see what I'm talking about if you blow up the picture where I shoulder the rifle when firing. I didn't experience that, but I did experience some discomfort with how the stock is made. I think I need to get a shotgun cheek riser for it to make it more ergonomic. Over all, only 5 shots went through her so far(into a tree stump) to get a feel and some pics, but I think I'll really get to liking this little noise maker. I think I need to get some more ammo by the time the Weekend is gone.
Del
To continue on with the review. It won't fit in the carrier I have on the ATV. The luggage carrier does have on top of it 2 straps made especially for strapping down guns with velcro to hold. That's also why I was looking around so hard for just the right gun, that if it DIDN'T fit in the bag, at least be as weather proof as possible to ride in the open with me. I think I found the perfect little rifle. Biggest drawback on this rifle, is nobody makes a clip that holds more than 15 shells. Also I haven't installed the front folding handgrip(came with rifle) because I was trying everything in my arsenal, to install a bipod I have, and upon looking the rifle stock over real well, it looks like best bet would be to get a barrel bipod mount for this model of gun. I want it to be more tactical, so I probably won't be putting a bipod on it. The indoor ranges will FREAK OUT. You walk into it with this little weapon and them not knowing it shoots 9mm. I can see the SHTF right now. LOL
Del